Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw Walmart is having a Rollback Sale on these for $153 per tire. I was thinking of trying them for that price. I can't find much on them... squat on YouTube. Very few reviews anywhere, mostly promo's really. I am new to off-road, bought my '07 with street tires a few months back and I am itching to get him off-road. I figure tires are the first thing I will need. I was looking at the Cooper Evolution M/T 285/70/17, Also considering the Milestar Patagonia's in the same price range, and ton's of great reviews of them. Coopers in General seem to get mixed reviews so I was wondering if anyone is running this particular Cooper
evo mt.png
tire and what they thought of them.

·
Registered
452 Posts
diffidently not an authority but I have purchased Cooper before and was satisfied. There is a tire comparison thread, check it out. That said I believe one of the drawbacks of the Cooper tires was weight.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I'll give a +1 for Cooper, they make good stuff. Haven't seen this one before, looks like a newer tire for them. Very beefy and super aggressive tread.

Most 33" AT/MT tires will be pushing 60lbs+. The FJ handles this with stride so I wouldn't let a few pounds sway you from making a purchase. It's 57lb each for that size per Cooper. Personally i'd go bigger... but if you're just trying to get your feet wet that's a nice deal.

·
Registered
2007FJ 4WD Auto Brick
3 Posts
Did you end up going with the Coopers? Thats seems like a great price. I’m looking for new tires right now and was wonder what your thoughts were on these.

·
トヨタ Master
7,569 Posts
I sell Coopers. These are rebranded MasterCraft Courser MXTs. They are the budget buy tire brand from Cooper. I have sold a few sets of these and can tell you that they are definitely not as good as the STT Pros or other name brand premium tires. They have significant wear characteristics common with the more budget friendly mud terrains.

Expect to get about 30k miles with usual wear. The tread compound after a few years gets rather hard and I have personally seen many vehicles with regular rotations have problems with the outer tread blocks cupping. If you've got $600 laying around and want to get out and play, they are tough, aggressive in mud and deep snow, are somewhat noisy on the highway, but can get you by while saving up for a better set.

·
トヨタ Master
7,569 Posts
Welcome to the forum Fanucfanatic. I happen to have an 07 FJ Cruiser as well and am running 285/70R-17 tires on it for several years with good results.

PM coming your way.
I thought you were still running Yokohama Geolandar MT G003s like myself? Lucy, you got some 'splainin to do!

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
I sell Coopers. These are rebranded MasterCraft Courser MXTs. They are the budget buy tire brand from Cooper. I have sold a few sets of these and can tell you that they are definitely not as good as the STT Pros or other name brand premium tires. They have significant wear characteristics common with the more budget friendly mud terrains.

Expect to get about 30k miles with usual wear. The tread compound after a few years gets rather hard and I have personally seen many vehicles with regular rotations have problems with the outer tread blocks cupping. If you've got $600 laying around and want to get out and play, they are tough, aggressive in mud and deep snow, are somewhat noisy on the highway, but can get you by while saving up for a better set.
Wow CC you know your stuff. My mastercraft courser mxt lasted about 28k miles and I had to get new ones because of cupping. Also the noise was really loud towards the end of its tread life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
トヨタ Master
7,569 Posts
Wow CC you know your stuff. My mastercraft courser mxt lasted about 28k miles and I had to get new ones because of cupping. Also the noise was really loud towards the end of its tread life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, you get what you pay for with tires. Been in this game for a looooong time!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts