Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of taking a cruise thru Corbett Mon or Thurs. Anyone want to tag along??-Kid

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Wish I lived closer...I'm still counting on the Bear Island run...How close are these two places from each other?

Corbett was awesome...Jan 10'...I still have nightmares of that deep dark water...Ha Ha!

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's up Howie-Yeah buddy I remember http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/florida/101297-2-brave-souls-jw-corbett-1-16-a.html -looking forward to the Everglades-Corbett is not close to Cypress-about 3 1/2 hrs apart- I just happen to live in the middle- well about an Hr from Corbett anyway. You can't run it like we did anymore unless you are in an active hunt-(Hint Hint if you haven't been there yet) mostly gravel roads (18 miles) and one trail #6. I'll give a report if anything changed w/ the new year-Kid

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I went out to Corbett today, and as I suspected Trail#6 is the only trail open to play on if you're not in an active hunt. If you go, Trail # 6 is a loop trail with sugar sand dunes, some holes, and some zig-zags and more big loops were it opens up near the back. Part of the trail is elevated along a levy. The good news is it's dry right now, and you can def. Have some fun out there. It just sucks that with a 60,000 acre management area, you only have this spot and the teeth chattering gravel roads to stay on. If you do go soon-use the south entrance (Northlake to Seminole Pratt) as the North grade is torn up and blocked for road improvements.-KID

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know I'm in ...Pretty sure I'm not on shift. You gonna already be up here for something??-Kid

·
Registered
67 Posts
You guys want one more? Im itchin to get back on a trail and it'd be nice to meet a couple of y'all before the Bear Island run.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No problem... We'll pick a meet spot/time as it gets closer-KID

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok- I'm gonna meet Loneuglyfish tomorrow at the south entrance to Corbett about 12:30-1:00 if anyone wants to tag- take the turnpike to Beeline- make a right, then a left at Northlake. Take that until it ends (10-15 mins) at Seminole Pratt. Make a right- the road turns into dirt and you'll see the entrance just before it curves-Kid

·
Registered
672 Posts
How long you guys gonna ride for? I won't get outta work till 3 and it's like at least an hourish drive for me which puts me a 4 at the least.... :(

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update- meeting Loneuglyfish @ about 2 (probably pick. Gas station) so we'll be out there-

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh yeah, now that they opened up/ refinished the North half-def. The way to go. They should come out with any rule changes in June. I'll keep an eye out for them. I wouldn't hold my breath, but who knows, maybe we get lucky and it goes back to the old way-KID

1 - 19 of 19 Posts