Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Started out the day leaving Orange county with the group headed towards Corral Canyon Offhighway Vehicle Park near San diego. Started off with some very mild trails wich were very relative to the group size we had... Around 35 people. After arriving at some more difficult trails and running out of time, I decided to take a few shorter trails to end the day... To stray away from the group.

Trail I chose was called 'Sidewinder' and was rated black diamond. A total of one mile took aprox. 1 hour to complete.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
WHOA! :eek: was there more room to the passenger side when climbing over that obstacle? seemed like it could have been a better line without all the pucker factor.

looks like a change of unders might be needed, i'd sure as hell wet myself after that one:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Looks like the cameraman was busy trying to get out of the way :lol:. The horizon looks different in the 2nd pic then 3rd and 4th. Maybe that made it more scary then it looks. Nevertheless, that's some nutty stuff there Jrock!

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Nice pics J rock, I think you were the smart one, I just got home and I live in SD, we did a moderate traile and ended up doing a freaking grueler. e hit bronco flats going down. Man that was some work. not one rig excaped damage today. nothing serious, just some body and undercairage damage and a lot of bare or bent sliders. It was fun but just too many rigs for a trail that technical.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Being a new member and I have been observing, can you answer me a question. You seem to have an opinion on every subject, I was wondering if you could tutor me in the ways of off-roading? I am looking for someone with a vast 4 wheeling background, and you seem, by your numerous posts on every subject, to be that person. Could you give me a list of your accomplishments. Thanks in advance. Sand
Welcome to the forum Sand. Was the above comment posted in jest? I could sense some sarcasm too.

I seem to post a lot because I feel a connection with a lot of the members on the forum. Just because I have a high post count doesn't mean I'm an expert wheeler. I do spend quite a bit of time on the forum and often, what I post is just a distillation or recollection of previous posts. A list of accomplishments? No lists, just a lot of good memories. If you're local and want to hit the trails, I'm almost always game!

If I'm just coming across wrong, please let me know. Maybe I need to go back and take more English classes.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
I must be dense. Someone fill me in?

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
Being a new member and I have been observing, can you answer me a question. You seem to have an opinion on every subject, I was wondering if you could tutor me in the ways of off-roading? I am looking for someone with a vast 4 wheeling background, and you seem, by your numerous posts on every subject, to be that person. Could you give me a list of your accomplishments. Thanks in advance. Sand
One thing you, as a newbie, will find is that this forum is a tight-knit family. There are the quieter ones, and there are the talkative ones. Tony knows what he's talking about. Another thing about a tight family is that when one gets bothered, a lot of us get bothered.

Now, your post (to me, and apparently more people than just me) sounds sarcastic and uncalled for, especially in a first post. Maybe that was not your intention. If not, that's cool. When we get to know each other, we will probably all take your post differently. But, since this was your first post on this site and we don't know you, nor you us, maybe be a bit more tame in your posts.

Come on out to a few runs and get-togethers. You will find that you are part of a very good thing!! I have met some of the coolest people ever from this site alone. I know you will too....if you wish to.

Welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
One thing you, as a newbie, will find is that this forum is a tight-knit family. There are the quieter ones, and there are the talkative ones. Tony knows what he's talking about. Another thing about a tight family is that when one gets bothered, a lot of us get bothered.

Now, your post (to me, and apparently more people than just me) sounds sarcastic and uncalled for, especially in a first post. Maybe that was not your intention. If not, that's cool. When we get to know each other, we will probably all take your post differently. But, since this was your first post on this site and we don't know you, nor you us, maybe be a bit more tame in your posts.

Come on out to a few runs and get-togethers. You will find that you are part of a very good thing!! I have met some of the coolest people ever from this site alone. I know you will too....if you wish to.

Welcome to the forum!!
thing is, it's not his first post on this site. and, many know him and his other username. but, one should figure that before they create a dual account to trash another member, they should at least use a proxy or another IP they've never posted from before. otherwise, it may make that senior member appear quite childish and lacking of better things to do than to internet stalk.:wave:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts