Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
throwing out a placeholder for the Corral Hollow and Slick Rock trail run.

this year, we'll plan on running concurrent runs to provide a more stock-friendly option to Slick Rock. Slick Rock can be done stock, but you can expect damage to sliders, skids and wheels. also, depending on the response, we may have to limit the number of rigs on Slick Rock or stagger trail times.

Current plan (as of 08/21 at 8:48 PM):
Friday, August 22
Establish base camp, light wheeling if time permits

Saturday, August 23
Group 1 - Slick Rock Trail: 9:30 AM - Meet at the gas station at the entrance to Bear Valley
Group 2 - Slick Rock Trail: 10:00 AM - Meet at the gas station at the entrance to Bear Valley
Group assignments will be PMed in the next day or so. For those joining in last minute, please meet at the gas station at one of the designated times.

New! Night run at Corral Hollow - info TBD
New! Super secret fun activity for the drivers - info provided during happy hour at base camp

Cancelled: Track 2 - Calaveras Dome and Mattley Ridge Trails: 10:30 AM - Meet at the gas station at the entrance to Bear Valley
Note: Track 2 subject to cancellation pending level of interest

Sunday, August 24
Mt. Reba and Corral Hollow Trails: 10:00 AM - Meet at the gas station at the entrance to Bear Valley

Difficulty ratings
Slick Rock: Moderate - Difficult
Calaveras Dome: Easy
Mattley Ridge: Easy - Moderate
Mt. Reba: Easy - Moderate
Corral Hollow: Easy - Moderate

For a recap of last year's run: NorCal FJs at Corral Hollow-Mt. Reba-Slickrock 07/21-22/07

Current roster and departure schedule
friday am
* Swingshiftworker (Jeep)
* DaveF2
* PB 07FJ
* MOTORDRIVE
* coyoteFJ2 (Jeep)
* potatomutato

friday noon
* opg4759

friday after work/evening
* cruizin4bruzin
* manoweb
* bkreece
* [email protected] FJ
* cypilk
* BzWires

saturday am
* daPitbull
* CA Annie/MoabFJ

saturday pm
* 2007fj (tentative)

Communications
FRS: channel 7 or 462.7125 PL 192.8 or the code (based on manufacture) below:
code 31 motorola, cobra, & midland (7-31)
code 38 Radio Shack (7-38)
CB: 31

Other important information
* Campfires allowed!
* BYOF&B - bring your own food and beverage (coordinating food in small groups works best and cuts down on costs)
* Speaking of food, you are responsible for securing your food properly overnight. Remember, we are near Bear Valley.
* Fishing nearby, so bring your poles and licenses if you are interested
* Have fun, teach/learn something new and tread lightly

see you on the trails! :wave:

·
Registered
893 Posts
I'm IN!!! It's been too dam long since I've gone out with y'all:rocker:

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I might be in on this one, use it as a pre-run to the Mono Lks trip. Was up by Alpine Lake just a few weeks ago, came down thru Deer Valley trail from Blue Lakes with Steve (sonof40).

·
965 Posts
I'm a possible on this one.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am in for this one...... looks like a good turn out!

Will try to take off Friday and head up in the morning/afternoon to help secure a base camp.

If not, pit I'll join a convoy on Friday night.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
OK Looks like I will have to ask for that Friday off as well. I will have to see what the wife can do about her work.. I hope this is enough time for her to get off. If not maybe I will fly solo again... At least I dont have to bring all of my gear...

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
i'll be taking friday off and will be leaving early to snag a good base camp. i'll have alternate sites on the backburner should it come down to that. more details to come in a week or so.
I just secured the 3 days off (float day from the 4th weekend), so I'll also be able to head up early also.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just secured the 3 days off (float day from the 4th weekend), so I'll also be able to head up early also.
great! looking forward to meeting you DaveF2!

i'll provide caravan details within the next week or so. as mentioned in the OP, if we establish camp early enough we can either do a quick run in the area or relax by the river...or both. btw, i've added a roster to the OP as well.

lookin' forward to it! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
i'll provide caravan details within the next week or so. as mentioned in the OP, if we establish camp early enough we can either do a quick run in the area or relax by the river...or both. btw, i've added a roster to the OP as well.
I'd like to go on this run too, but will be bringing my Jeep as a shakedown for my Rubicon run two weeks later. I'll plan to drive up on Friday morning. Let me know what campground you're going to set up your basecamp at and I can meet you there (or caravan with the group, if our schedules match).

Thanks! :)

OBTW, I can't make the August 7th M&G in San Mateo. It's my GF's birthday and that takes priority. ;)

·
C4B_Rocks
761 Posts
Oh man this is going to be fun, I for sure ain't going to miss this run, add me on the list.
wow slick rock is going to be a fun bumpy ride. Can we fit in a nice easy night run?:bandit::rocker::rocker:

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Can we fit in a nice easy night run?:bandit::rocker::rocker:
glad you can join and nice to have you back from your little hiatus c4b. perhaps we can do a night run on friday depending on everyone's arrival schedule.

i'll put together a tentative plan this week and pm everyone. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
marty et al. i'll send you all the info soon. i'd like to leave relatively early on friday morning if possible so we can set up camp, have lunch and still have time to hit a trail or kick back.

btw, are you planning on driving your jeep or trailering it in?
Steve: I'll just drive it up. That limits my speed, but it's better for the Jeep's tranny and avoids the complication of having to find a place to unhook the Jeep and park the truck. I can leave anytime on Friday. Just let me know when and where to meet up. :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hmmm... I was actually thinking about going up there the week end of the 15th, cause during your W-E I need to fly out to Michigan on Sunday... hmmm...
Maybe I will just do both and just come and play on Saturday with you guys.
For now count me in for a late arrival on Friday. Of course if any one is free to come and play the W-E of the 15th, they are welcome to join as well. There is a trail that goes from Hwy 4, East of Ebbet pass and which supposedly goes to the back the Upper and Lower kinney lakes. I always wanted to try that one... not sure how challenging it gets... Something to think about.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts