Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2007 2WD FJ and would like to level it out. Can someone that has used the Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks to LEVEL their 2WD FJ Cruiser tell me what setting they used please? I have found many threads with 4x4 owners that used the 3rd notch, but cannot find the correct notch to use with the 2wd. Would it use the same 3rd notch as the 4x4? I am having a set installed next week and need to know the correct setting to level out my 2wd.

Thank you

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry.. Yes all springs are stock, front and back.
But that is what caused me to question the 3rd notch because I read the 2wd springs are different than the 4x4.
If my measurements are correct my front is 2.25 inches lower than the back on both driver and passenger side.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
There is no exact number as each FJ varies. There's a thread showing approx lift of each notch. Take into account 4x2 springs are softer so you likely wouldn't get the same lift. Go with your best estimate.

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
Regardless, Any good installer should be able to put them at the proper height.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I added a winch and bumper to the FJ and had a TOY dealership install 5100's on the front to level it out and handle the extra weight.

They put it on notch 3 and it was too high, even with the added weight of the winch bumper: not that it raised it too high, but when the front got raised it seemed to push the rear end down (see pic).

(I was going to have them lower it but my wife and I loved how the 5100's rode, and had them do 5100's on the rear at notch 3 as well).

I don't know if this helps, just something for your consideration...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
I added a winch and bumper to the FJ and had a TOY dealership install 5100's on the front to level it out and handle the extra weight.

They put it on notch 3 and it was too high, even with the added weight of the winch bumper: not that it raised it too high, but when the front got raised it seemed to push the rear end down (see pic).

(I was going to have them lower it but my wife and I loved how the 5100's rode, and had them do 5100's on the rear at notch 3 as well).

I don't know if this helps, just something for your consideration...

5100's for the rear has no notch, doesn't provide any lift, aftermarket springs will lift the rear or a spacer

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry.. Yes all springs are stock, front and back.
But that is what caused me to question the 3rd notch because I read the 2wd springs are different than the 4x4.
If my measurements are correct my front is 2.25 inches lower than the back on both driver and passenger side.

Top ring should get you in the neighborhood of 2.25.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I did the 3rd notch on a 4x4 and it leveled me within 1/8". I would start with the 3rd (1.75").

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update: I had them installed on the third notch. Results are: gained about 1.75 inches on the passenger side.. And gained about 1.87 on the driver side, but I did lose about .12 inches in height on the driver side rear. So the front is still a bit lower on both sides.

So anyone else looking to level their stock 2wd should get similar results.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts