Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Fj Cruiser Ultimate Edition - Heritage Blue
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
The retainer clips on my rear floor mats have broken. One on each side to be specific. I’ve never gotten around to fixing it till now. I saw some other older posts about this but they were fairly confusing and some newer posts on them said it was incorrect so I wanted to clarify if Toyota part number 51965-35090 is the correct part. Here’s a picture of the park I need.
Water Liquid Hood Automotive tire Flash photography

Thanks for any and all help.

·
Premium Member
4,908 Posts
For some reason mine didn't come with those (probably the OEM rubber floor mats in my rear footwells were added after the factory).
When I got tired of them slipping around I cleaned the surfaces real well and applied carpet anti-slip tape (like you use in the house for area rugs on hardwood floors). Works great.

Alternatively, I bet if you removed that broken one and used it as a model you could fashion a new one with some vinyl strips, and snaps from the hardware store.

·
Registered
2014 Fj Cruiser Ultimate Edition - Heritage Blue
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For some reason mine didn't come with those (probably the OEM rubber floor mats in my rear footwells were added after the factory).
When I got tired of them slipping around I cleaned the surfaces real well and applied carpet anti-slip tape (like you use in the house for area rugs on hardwood floors). Works great.

Alternatively, I bet if you removed that broken one and used it as a model you could fashion a new one with some vinyl strips, and snaps from the hardware store.
Sick thanks I’ll give it a shot. They’ve been broken for years and they really don’t bother anyone except me. Also just one of those clips is $20 and I would need two so I’ll try out your suggestion!
happy thanksgiving!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts