Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got quoted 3k (from a shop I work for of all places!) and that’s just ridiculous to me. Granted it’s Toyota’s official body shop and they do it right, but still. They said FJ roofs are a pain to do the right way. To be honest I was kinda hoping to pay maybe 1200-1500 tops. I’ve been considering a wrap, especially since I’ve been quoted 500-600 from about 5 different shops, but I really want the color match to be perfect. What did you guys pay to paint? Did the color match go well ? Do you regret it? would you rather have it wrapped?

·
Premium Member
12,202 Posts
There is a lot of real estate to paint on the roof. Have a look how far down the white comes, inside all the jams, behind the a pillar covers, behind the rear quarter windows etc, removing the roof rack. It is a lot of labour. So do to it right as mentioned is going to cost $$$.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Look around.i had a quote of around 2000$ from one shop,went to another and they did it for 600$ cash.Beautiful job,inside all doors and rear hatch also.Painted my black Fj with a satin black roof,looks great.

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,856 Posts
The 3K makes sense to me. LIke mikey said, lots of stuff has to come off to do it right. Even the top of the rear door is white. Plus I kind of assume they would somehow want to blend it to the old paint if you are body matching it so it looks flawless.

However I have seen some trucks like the black cherry, silver, voodoo blue look absolutely incredible body matched.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just had mine painted rain gutter to rain gutter, front to back. I did pull off the front trim knowing I was going to replace the windshield. I paid $1400. Two shops quoted the exact same price. If you go forward with this do a little prep work. I do not run with a rack but if I did I would take that off myself. If they are installed carelessly they are prone to leaks. I pulled off the rain gutter covers and thoroughly cleaned the roof and gutters. I also removed the satellite antenna myself. Turned out well and I am satisfied.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts