Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if anyone has posted about this but, Has anyone noticed the miles per tank filled at anywhere other than Costco is greater than if you were to fill at Costco? I get around 260 - 300 on Safeway gas and 220 - 250 on Costco gas.

·
Premium Member
6,533 Posts
Around here, Costco gasoline has ethanol in it and the Safeway gasoline does not (different distributors). Not sure how it is in your area.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have been told they have more filler in there gas. Not sure what that means but you get worse gas mileages. I know BP, Mobil, Admiral and Shell don't because a buddy of mine owns one and they can get in trouble if they use the cheaper gas.

Bob

·
Registered
191 Posts
Now that the snow is gone, I'll average more than 300 miles per tank on Costco gas. I got 330+ on the last tank of Costco gas. Only mods are 265/70R/17 Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos and Demello hybrid sliders.

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Around here, Costco gasoline has ethanol in it and the Safeway gasoline does not (different distributors). Not sure how it is in your area.

DEWFPO
Same here. Sam's Club also started adding ethanol this winter.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
I never really checked the mileage between BP and Costco, Might be an interesting thing to do if you could drive the same place, the same way etc. etc. I got 15 MPG on the last tank but drove like an idiot a couple of times trying to make a meeting. 90 MPH on I-696 is not actually conducive to good gas mileage.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I never really checked the mileage between BP and Costco, Might be an interesting thing to do if you could drive the same place, the same way etc. etc. I got 15 MPG on the last tank but drove like an idiot a couple of times trying to make a meeting. 90 MPH on I-696 is not actually conducive to good gas mileage.
I don't notice any difference in Costco gas here. I do notice that there pumps seem to cut off earlier than most stations when filling up.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
I didn't notice any difference between Costco and other brands.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I get better gas mileage with Costco gas vs. Shell or Chevron. Thats on Oahu don't know about you guys but with Costco gas I get about 210 miles per fillup vs. Shell with 190 miles.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I notice my cats don't like the costco gas, cause if I get on the throttle a bit I get that rotten egg smell. Plus I also seem to get worse mileage. Safeway seems to work better on average for me.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
The gas that has ethanol seems to reduce my milage by about 2 mpg on the average.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts