Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. Costco shoppers, I just got home from a dealership that the Costco car buying program sent me to.

Costco members deal on an F.J. Cruiser is... INVOICE PRICE!:rocker::rocker:

I priced a 2008 Voodoo Blue 4x4 AT with Pkg. #2 and Convience Pkg., roof rack, rock rails, brush guard, spare cover, passenger armrest, and all weather mats. The NO HAGGLE price was $28,433.00 + tax.

MSRP on same is $32,112.00, so not too bad of a deal. Now to see if my local dealer will make me a better deal!:deal::deal:

·
Registered
692 Posts
O.K. Costco shoppers, I just got home from a dealership that the Costco car buying program sent me to.

Costco members deal on an F.J. Cruiser is... INVOICE PRICE!:rocker::rocker:
Pretty sweet for zero negotiation. The Costco price about 18 months ago (in my area, anyway) was about $100 below MSRP. Times change ... and gas prices rise. ;-)

-- Paul

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Got my '07 and my 2 brothers their FJ's for 27.2K fully loaded with everything but GPS and leather seats last June and November respectfully. So have your guy sharpen his pencil!

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
I know that everyone seems to be throwing down their better deal, but some pricing in some areas has to do with inventory, some of it has to do with your "in" to the dealer, etc.

Having said all that, the buying services that credit unions, COSTCO and some of the on-line options like carsdirect.com, do provide a better option for most people than walking onto the lot. Good price, absolutely no hassle and best of all, you don't have to deal with a salesman at the stealership, be low-balled and then turned over to his "closer" who beats the crap out of you -- for hours.

My neighbor (across the street) owns Quality Toyota (local dealership) and has given me their "loss leader" on several cars for my daughters. The best deal I ever got was a Supra that was a "brass hat", driven by somebody at Toyota Corporate here in CA and then with 6K on it, sold. I picked up a Supra that stickered at $37K for $20K. So these are my war stories, but in each case I had some sort of special access. Absent that access, I think that the buying service is the way to go.

And yes, you can even send the COSTCO or credit union buying services out in search of a USED FJ so you don't need to waste shoe leather.

my .02 only

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
if you or your family member is a member of USAA...they do the same type of deal. I was able to get Toyota FJ Cruiser (Convenience, Upgrade 2, Atrac, Locker, FJAmmer with Sirius, tow package with wiring, roof rack, power windws, cruise, gauges, auto tranny, etc........for $500 over dealer cost. No matter what options or accessories it is usually always $500 over. If they are offering big incentives you might be able to work a better deal but if not then this is hard to beat.

You go on their website...fill out the specs for vehicle and within 24 hours they have negotiated a price with dealer in area....and the dealer contacts you with official printing of options and price. NO HAGGLE. Now that is what I call a good deal...and no stress.

Glad COSTCO is doing it as well...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just used Costco Auto Program last month and got $500 over invoice here in WA. Also, dont forget about the Costco APR. I just mentioned it to the dealership and they agreed to match. I think it was 5.9%, maybe not the best out there but good enough for me.

·
Registered
365 Posts
bring it home, get it lifted, keep your receipt, and "usually" the COSTCO tire center manager will "OK" the addition of tires larger than stock... Or at least that's the story I got from the manager...

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
if you or your family member is a member of USAA...they do the same type of deal. I was able to get Toyota FJ Cruiser (Convenience, Upgrade 2, Atrac, Locker, FJAmmer with Sirius, tow package with wiring, roof rack, power windws, cruise, gauges, auto tranny, etc........for $500 over dealer cost. No matter what options or accessories it is usually always $500 over. If they are offering big incentives you might be able to work a better deal but if not then this is hard to beat.

You go on their website...fill out the specs for vehicle and within 24 hours they have negotiated a price with dealer in area....and the dealer contacts you with official printing of options and price. NO HAGGLE. Now that is what I call a good deal...and no stress.

Glad COSTCO is doing it as well...
I did a lot of deals through USAA when I was in the internet department at a Toyota dealership. I would give them a high rating for doing exactly as they said they would and respecting the fact that I did too.

Makes for a pretty seamless, respectable "car deal"

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I did a lot of deals through USAA when I was in the internet department at a Toyota dealership. I would give them a high rating for doing exactly as they said they would and respecting the fact that I did too.
Makes for a pretty seamless, respectable "car deal" and only people I have ever heard hate USAA is people that were trying to put a claim against them from another insurance agency...as they will make very sure that it is a valid claim...to say the least. LOL It keeps my rates way down so I dont mind...hhahaha

Glad COSTCO is doing the same....makes for a less stressful event with no hidden agendas on either side.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Back when I bought, I checked out Costco's prices but I got it cheaper by just going through the internet manager at the dealership. Paid invoice that way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts