Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sign up now. Drivers Meeting at 9:00am. This is the funnest trail around. The trail lead will be JonB of All Pro. You are invited, this will be a time to celebrate a New Year and a New Trail. Bring your friends and family.

Most well equipped 4 Wheel Drive will have no problem on the trail. It's best that you have a rear locker and 33 inch tires. There are bypasses for anyone not willing to try an obstacle. There will be professional spotting on hand.

34.497350,-116.797267(Cougar Buttes) - Google Maps
Just west of the becon is the intersection of Powerline and Granite. we will meet there.

This is a Link to the trail map with all the obstacle names and GPS Coordinates for all them.

https://share.acrobat.com/adc/document.do?docid=5739aef6-7c22-4b78-abc3-4762a6820a1b

Directions

From the I 15 north
Exit Bear Valley east "get gas at the Arco", It's cheap.
Merge right onto HWY 18
Continue straight onto HWY 247
Turn Left on Camp Rock RD.
Turn Right on Granite RD
Follow Granite a couple of miles EAST to the intersection at Powerline and Granite we will meet there.

From the I 15 south
Exit HWY 18 east
Continue straight onto HWY 247
Turn Left on Camp Rock RD.
Turn Right on Granite RD
Follow Granite a couple of miles EAST to the intersection of Powerline and Granite we will meet there.

DustPark
JonB
E-Rocker
thubub
LBCAFJ
tibaal89
geo88
M&M

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
sounds interesting.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
I'm a "maybe".

·
Registered
189 Posts
Count me in Brent, see ya soon. TH

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Event added to SoCal calender.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I was out to the Cougar Buttes today and marked off a couple of new trails. One is the ?CakeWalk? trail. I used part of the Bullfrog in the layout. So if you see some hot pink trail markers you'll know what that means. It's marked well enough to follow..but no tire tracks yet.

Another is Box Canyon Turnaround Trail. This goes down to a turnaround point, then backtracks. It is a continuation from Chicken Rock. Very scenic area. Both are rated MOST DIFFICULT.

I'll send DustPark a map to post.

BTW the snow is all gone from the trails now.

I may be out there on the 3rd.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Sweet! So there might be 3 "most difficult" trails in very close proximity of each other? Talk about efficiency! :D Get it all done in one day :).

·
Registered
280 Posts
Well it might be a long day!!:lol: BTW I also hammered in more stakes on the Bullfrog..so if you find the trailhead you should be able to follow the whole trail.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Mike,
this is awesome. More trails in the area besides Bullfrog. Thanks for taking the time to mark the way. I love this place, the scenery and terrain are amazing.
Did it rain and melt all the snow?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Mike, this awesome. More trails in the area besides Bullfrog. I love this place, the scenery and terrain are amazing.
Did it rain and melt all the snow?

Well in the morning there was alot of snow all over, by the time I left there wasn't hardly anything left. No rain when I was there. About 51 degrees.

·
Registered
919 Posts
MKJeepers previously said:
Well in the morning there was alot of snow all over, by the time I left there wasn't hardly anything left. No rain when I was there. About 51 degrees.
Nice, sounds like great weather. Can't wait to check out some of the new trails.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well it might be a long day!!:lol: BTW I also hammered in more stakes on the Bullfrog..so if you find the trailhead you should be able to follow the whole trail.
All credits to you. Thanks for sharing Bullfrog with us. This area is so much fun. Who knows how much longer it will be available to us and especially So Cal. :)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts