Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/norcal-region/24896-norcal-fjs-hollister-hills-svra-4-7-07-videos.htm
Was looking at a couple of vidoes from the NorCal section and noticed this one FJ attempting to climb up Truck Hill but didn't quite make it up all the way......when backing up it looks like the front of the vehicle could have easily slipped to the side and got him tippsy.

When he was coming back down he hit a couple of spots that started to let the back of the vehicle start to slip out from under him and started getting tippsy again. This looks like it could have gotten ugly and could have tipped his FJ all the way down.

Not trying to get on the drivers case or anything but was wondering what you would do in that type of situation when descending a hill and the back stats to slip out from you.

Also when backing down in reverse I have seen someone in a Land Rover build up too much speed and somehow turned the wheel too hard to the left and flipped his rig.

Just want to know what you would do in this situation. Trails change rapidly.......so does your driving.

Keep it safe.

·
Registered
563 Posts
404'd.... lol

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
It didnt work. What a tease.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Darn, kinda sounds like a good one too!

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Just want to know what you would do in this situation. Trails change rapidly.......so does your driving. Keep it safe.
Never let that happen. If it does, you need to try to get the backend back. I'd be in 4low and as soon as you feel it slip out you need to let it run a little and point your steering wheel in the direction that the rear end went. Hopefully you save it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
and I thought I couldn't make links work!
Some of us (myself included!) should stick to drivinf FJ's...

·
Registered
78 Posts
still not working!!:flame:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Sure he should of took his foot of the break on the way down.:zzz:

·
Registered
132 Posts
i made the mistake of trying to go across a a hill. The back end stepped out and was heading towards a four foot drop.. Talk about pucker factor. I drove out of it like a muscle car. Dont tap the brakes while going down hill NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!! I made it. Never doin that again. :jawdrop:

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
brakes are useless when hauling ass on loose soil, slick rock, or wet mud.

the MT and low range transfer case are your best friends.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts