Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 260 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We had an awesome time again During the easter weekend 2011. Over 90 rigs participated. Thanks again to everyone that was involved in organizing and leading trail groups.

A huge thanks to Pete and Jacques who make this the premier event of the year for the Northeasters.

Hope to see you all in 2012

Countdown to Rausch Creek Easter Run....FJNortheaster style.

Rausch Creek Off Road Park.....Here we come....AGAIN!!!!!

We, the FJNortheasters, are going to be at Rausch Creek Off Road Park(Tremont PA) on the Easter Weekend, April 22nd, 23rd and 24th, 2011.... http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/

Rausch offers wheeling for any experience level:

Green Trails- Stock friendly. Beginner skill level (But you would never know it). Sliders come in handy but not required.
Blue Trails- Lift, and skids are suggested. Definitely sliders.
Black Trails- Lift, oversized tires, skids are required and damage is to be expected.
Red Trails- Rock Garden

April 22nd and 23rd are organized trail runs with experienced leaders/tailgunners. April 24th is a "go if you like" sort of deal. For many of us it is a travel day. But there are a few that have put together small groups and done some wheeling before heading home.

Last year we had over 80 FJs (and others) register and show up for wheeling at the Park. Accomodations/Northeaster Headquarters are in nearby Pine Grove Comfort Inn (mention FJNortheasters and get $60/night for the long weekend).

So pencil this date into your calendar and get ready to have fun. Meet a bunch of great folks and make a pile of new friends. You know you want to be there.:rocker:

So here we go......
WHO'S GOIN' WITH US????????.....

·
Registered
57 Posts
I will definitely be keeping an eye on this thread, as of now I have nothing planned for that weekend so it should be a go for me!

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hope to see you there.

Staging area 2009

Trail group on J1

New property 2010

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
1) NBFJCRUZ
2) KAZOU
3) Joeisip811 (DAPURAK)

·
Registered
92 Posts
1) NBFJCRUZ
2) KAZOU
3) Joeisip811 (DAPURAK)
4) Twidget

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
guys, is there any reason a bone stock fj can't do these trails?
Absolutely no reason at all. Many of us went our first time in a totally stock FJ. Mine is pretty much stock and this will be my third Northeaster. I would suggest you sign up for green trails though.

If you get a chance a set of sliders is always a good idea. My first year I went with running boards and although I never touched them I did get nervous a couple times. Sliders just ease your mind.

The other mod I would suggest is a rear SCUBA. Not necessary but just a little extra insurance. Anything deep always has a bypass....But when it comes to water having your rear end protected is always a good idea.

You are going to love Rausch Creek!!!!!!

·
fka trailman
849 Posts
like i said over at FJNE.ORG............IM IN this year. greens and new property i cant wait for this years run.

·
Registered
75 Posts
sa-weet... I think the TT comes stock with rock rails so that should be good.

Yf Toyota gets the 2011 TT here by then, I'm in... If not, they can lick my hairy...... well, you get the idea.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Working on getting there again myself this year. It has been great in the past, just depends on work at this point. Looks like it's a go for me at the moment, but that tends to change by the hour!

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
sa-weet... I think the TT comes stock with rock rails so that should be good.

Yf Toyota gets the 2011 TT here by then, I'm in... If not, they can lick my hairy...... well, you get the idea.

You will be fine, we had few stock or almost stock FJs going through all greens, partially blues and new property that has some challenging areas with no problems. One of the guys didn`t even have rock rails or any kind of skids and went through everything.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
80 Days to go guys and gals.

1) NBFJCRUZ
2) ZAZOU
3) Joeisip811 (DAPURAK)
4) Twidget
5) dvracer
6)Boxonwheels
7)Capt Bucko

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
79 Days to go.

Hard to think about Rockin' the Rocks of Rausch today with all this snow and ice in the Northeast....But if I concentrate I can hear Chris hollering "Comin' down" as we enter the top of J1.... I can't wait.

1 - 20 of 260 Posts