Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
i am a new member to the forum but i spent long time reading stuff here before joining haha do i deserve a welcome :lol:
any ways ,, here is my ride
IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_8348.jpg
completely stock :cowfrown: we had it since 08 (i just got my driving licence so i got the car instead of selling it)
thinking about upgrading it but i really need help as i am really mixed up about all the stuff i can upgrade
so 1) performance ,,,, mainly air intake (trd maybe ?TRD Cold Air Intake for 4.0 V6 07-09 FJ Cruiser [PTR03-35090] - $390.00 : Pure FJ Cruiser Accessories, Parts and Accessories for your Toyota FJ Cruiser ) and throttle (dont know which is the most effective/proved model but one guy recommended this Poweraid Spacer - Toyota FJ Cruiser 4.0L '07-09 [510-624] - $128.90 : Pure FJ Cruiser Accessories, Parts and Accessories for your Toyota FJ Cruiser)

also i got 2013 model rims (17) and i am looking for a good all terrain tire for it (no mud mainly asphalt roads and dunes) so what tires would do best in this combination

for suspension ,, a 2 inches lift (max 3) but which kit is best handling wise (road and dunes driving only with a bit of jumping)

aaaaand FJ Cruiser Unichip Performance Computer Module [1020151/1020291] - $575.99 : Pure FJ Cruiser Accessories, Parts and Accessories for your Toyota FJ Cruiser
will this work ?? or even this SPRINT BOOSTER TOYOTA FJ CRUSIER 07-12 Automatic only [SBTO1012S] - $299.99 : Pure FJ Cruiser Accessories, Parts and Accessories for your Toyota FJ Cruiser
both have too good to be true descriptions

for spacers and fenders ,,, i would go as wide as possible , maybe 3 inches .

2) looks ,,,
i will be plastic dipping the grey parts to either black or white
and gunmetal all the way haha i love this colour
and will be smoking the lights and blacking out the roof /mirrors/bumper side
my main goal is a big and mean car for daily use which is still powerful enough for the dunes

thanks in advance:bigthumb:

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,832 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Dont Plastidip anything white (except maybe the grille surround). Looks absolutely terrible.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tip iwashmycar , actually only black plastic dip the white parts will be vinyl cut ��

Looking for more input hehe

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
congrats re your FJ ... looks almost new ... welcome to the Forum ... you have a pretty big wish-list there ... my suggestion is figure out what you want to do with your truck and then prioritize your list to minimize doing and then undoing a particular mod ... lots of info here, and what product is best is sometimes a matter of personal preference, cost and balancing what you intend to do with the truck ... Black Diamond is an excellent colour for black-out ... my suggestion re the white is try plasti-dipping first and if you don't like it, peel it off ... cheap, non-permanent way to see if you like it ... good luck and have fun ...
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
Nice vehicle to start with from the looks of it. Welcome from Colorado.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the input boystoy
i know about how big my wish list is lol
but it wont happen all at once ,,, but i do need to order everything at once cuz i live in the middle east and orders take lots of time
up up up

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
yeah, mine list is long too ... it never ends ... shipping is a killer here, so I can just imagine the cost for you ... looks like you do your homework so I'm sure whatever you buy will look great on your truck ...
:cheers:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
good luck bro
actually i might keep the mean but stock looks and ending up with plasti dipped bumpers and roof ordered plasti dip for 500$ (suv package)--- same package will sell for 1400$ down here(might start some kind of trading lol)

my WILL BUY list is

TRD Cold Air Intake for 4.0 V6 07-09 FJ Cruiser [PTR03-35090] - $390.00 : Pure FJ Cruiser Accessories, Parts and Accessories for your Toyota FJ Cruiser
Poweraid Spacer - Toyota FJ Cruiser 4.0L '07-09 [510-624] - $128.90 : Pure FJ Cruiser Accessories, Parts and Accessories for your Toyota FJ Cruiser
tires
BF Goodrich Tires Part 83284 - LT285/70R17, Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 - 4 Wheel Parts

and thats for now
but i really need the input on unichip and if it really works or am i better off with the urd systems

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Hey Dark, Welcome !!.... I'll get right to the point . Do Not !! waste your money (unless you have more than you know what to do with ) on the throttle spacer, same goes for the Unichip ( there is almost a grand saved ) both are add ons you will Not Notice Any improvement from. Put that money into your lift , the CAI is fine but TRD is not the only choice infact it is just a Re-brand of another $390.00 seems steep so do your homework. After you have your lift then look for your fenders I assume you are thinking Buswhackers? Wheel spacers yes, 3" No..max 1.5". The question of adding white is yor personal choice but will say other than the roof most try to eliminate White other than graphics .. But again your truck, your choice. Have fun you got a sweet ride to start with. Cheers.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks wajohnz

its been a long time since i touched the car lol
for CAI i am really thrown off on what gives best performance
ordered the 2' lift and levelling kit and 2' wheel spacers a week ago :^)
about the spacers and unichip -- canceled hehe thats lots of money saved
chose to leave the roof white and do (ford raptor) style graphics in white
chose to install all terrain cooper tires for now until they wear off
pics coming soon

·
Registered
295 Posts
for CAI i am really thrown off on what gives best performance
I would think that if you really want to make your FJ faster, the only money well spent would be the TRD supercharger kit. As far as I can tell everything else isn't going to make it faster in a significant and measurable way, mostly just more noisy.

It seems expensive but there are deals to be found sometimes and the kit includes everything needed including the intake. You only have to spend it once and won't have to waste money on other intakes, exhaust etc. It would be better to spend nothing on performance upgrades that do little and then save up for the supercharger.

I find that mine is actually pretty quick stock if I get the revs up although of course it then gets thirsty too.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would think that if you really want to make your FJ faster, the only money well spent would be the TRD supercharger kit. As far as I can tell everything else isn't going to make it faster in a significant and measurable way, mostly just more noisy.

It seems expensive but there are deals to be found sometimes and the kit includes everything needed including the intake. You only have to spend it once and won't have to waste money on other intakes, exhaust etc. It would be better to spend nothing on performance upgrades that do little and then save up for the supercharger.

I find that mine is actually pretty quick stock if I get the revs up although of course it then gets thirsty too.
thanks for the input fj 6mt
:mecry: the problem is the trd supercharger is illegal on the road where i live :killtard:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
decided to take the fenders off for now !! looks extremely mean at the moment (removed 1 3 to go lol) might keepit fender less for the rest of its life
it just looks so sweeeeet
pics coming

1 - 15 of 15 Posts