Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a few questions I had. First..I was wondering how to remove the stock roof rack..also I wanted to know how easy it is and what it takes to install a simple cobra CB radio..what antenna to use and how to mount it. Also can u take these to someone to have them tuned to run better?

·
Banned
393 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
There are a few questions I had. First..I was wondering how to remove the stock roof rack..
Remove all the mounting bolts with the appropriate Torx bit and lift it off.

..also I wanted to know how easy it is and what it takes to install a simple cobra CB radio..what antenna to use and how to mount it.
Depends on the CB radio and where you want to put it, but if you look in the "Technical Articles" and the "Stereo/Electronics" sub-forums you will see several different approaches to this.

Also can u take these to someone to have them tuned to run better?
Many cb radios can be tweaked to make a little bit more power; most any trcuk-stop cb shop can do that for you. Far better is to get a decent antenna and get it tuned for optimum SWR, which varies greatly from truck to truck and depending on your mounting location.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im sorry i should have been more specific. I was wondering if you can take the truck to someone to have it tuned to run more efficiently. get the engine tuned to run better. also, has anyone removed the rear cats for sound quality?

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
I just installed a Cobra CB with a PA system and it only took about 4ish hours to do. All information was found here in the forums.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,698 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Holy Smokes there's a smiley that looks like my girlfriend :spam:
My condolences.

As far as tuning it to run better, I hear that stickers and chrome are the most readily available options. Aside from that you have CAI's, Superchargers, and I've heard a few guys have done a Civic engine swap that has really shown vast efficiency improvements. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
^^^ don't forget the rear wing, the bigger the better.

Hey I like the "spam" look when it comes to the ladies. At least she isn't 3.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I thought chrome decreased horsepower, and the real answer is yes you can get it tuned for more power, or you can put on a supercharger

1 - 9 of 9 Posts