Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have seen these mentioned, but not very often.

I bought a set of Radflo 2.5"coilovers for my 08. I'm wondering if I should put some protection from the elements on them. I noticed on my factory off road package bilstein shocks they're pretty badly corroded although they are 8 years old.

Just wondering if I should get some because I'm not sure what Radflo coats them with.

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not willing to spend 50-60 bucks for that.

Has anyone just made some? Or had them made?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Assuming you spent $1200 plus on decent coil overs, what's another $60, other than cheap insurance? I get being frugal, I have a hard time parting with my money too, but the investment in protecting your shocks is worth it.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Assuming you spent $1200 plus on decent coil overs, what's another $60, other than cheap insurance? I get being frugal, I have a hard time parting with my money too, but the investment in protecting your shocks is worth it.
Don't disagree. Just seeing if same protection or even better could be had for half that price.

·
Registered
931 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,793 Posts
A little late to the party......

My preference is the neoprene over the nylon. Neoprene will breath and not trap moisture.

At the end of the day the $60 is real cheap insurance to protect your gear. I will update my cover thread with new pics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts