Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Crabtree Falls

2K views 30 replies 6 participants last post by  akoda 
#1 ·
Anyone headed to Crabtree falls in Va tomorrow. May be up for a day run.

Mike

#6 ·
Can we get a group to go another weekend, I finally got an FJ:rocker:. For those that went on the March trip I was the one with the Gray Blazer.

Fosterchild420 has partially defected to the land rover cult but would be willing to bring out the TRD and his wife will probably drive the land rover.

#7 ·
True i have defected to the rover cult but i still know my roots and the fj gets to go out and play every now and again. But if you guys can get another date to go i would be game for it. As long as it is not in may. i have something going every weekend in may.

#10 ·
we are going oct 12th thru 19th. Now before anyone says anything, i had already resevered that weekend before i saw the bruisers were planning to be there that same week. Really doesnt matter if they go at the sametime, i will probably be driving the rover anyway.

i like the 7th a the trip date. i just need to see if the wife is up for it too.

#11 ·
If anyone is interested, there is a group going down to Ocracoke Island, NC (OBX) (May 16-18) for some beach camping and driving. As it stands we are planning on caravaning down on the 16th at about 12:00-1:00 p.m., coming back Sunday afternoon. Not sure if we are going to take the ferry or drive through the OBX. If anyone is interested PM me and I can fill you in on the details.

#13 ·
man i really want to go but i just cant do it that weekend. we need to figure another weekend and go.

#17 ·
I know this sounds like an impossibility, but sometime that is not terribly hot would nice........that could be a while though.

#18 ·
yeah that won't be for awhile I'm guessing lol.

Hey Kevin, I decided to keep the FJ. All the dealers trade in amount was unacceptable. I was going to lose $8k on my truck. To regain that loss in the gas savings of the new car, it would take about 4 years. I decided it would make more sense to just move closer to work haha

#19 ·
I am so glad to hear you are not trading the fj. I figured that trade in would suck no matter where you went. No one wants larger vehicles. We got suburbans, tahoes, and trucks galore on the lot here.

#24 ·
Not sure if it is of interest to you guys but the Landrover and Range Rover group is going to shoe creek this weekend. They are taking mostly brand new bone stock rigs. Thats always entertaining. If i were not working i would go with them just to test out the lift i installed on the wifes disco.

#25 ·
I would love to see that. If something changes and you can go post up I could likely join you all. A lift on the disco huh?? My wife will not let me mod the runner. You catchin up, lol

#27 ·
by the time i got around to reading this, they were probably already there. they were leaving roanoke at 9 am.

#31 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.