Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Saw the exact ad on Denver craigslist site a while ago. Couldn't believe it to be true for the price. Was surprised the ad lasted quite a while on the site. Normally FJ sells fast here in Colorado. Thanks for sharing the story.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Saw the exact ad on Denver craigslist site a while ago. Couldn't believe it to be true for the price. Was surprised the ad lasted quite a while on the site. Normally FJ sells fast here in Colorado. Thanks for sharing the story.
Funny, I did buy it from Denver, CO

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been seeing a very nice 2014 full Army Green FJ Cruiser listed on Craigslist in various cities across USA, obvious SCAM to me, but to new people just starting to look, beware of a deal that is too good to be true!

Here is the description they are using...

$12,523 View attachment 1149510
""""runs and drives excellent,all services are complete and its ready to go,army green color and matched top,excellent interior condition(non-smoker),67k real miles on it,4-wheel drive,1 season left on the current tires"""

• Let me guess, if I send you money you will ship it to me???
Anyone else see this listed by them?
Hey all, good evening! I don't own an FJ but would really love to! I learned a lot while researching what to look for when purchasing an FJ and just wanted to give back. At this point I will have to settle for a Ford Fusion as an FJ is just not in the cards financially.

A few weeks ago while I was on here researching I came across this post. Am here today as I just got an e-mail from the "owner" as I had inquired several weeks ago via Craigslist in New Jersey about this car. I would recommend that you proceed with caution. Below is an e-mail thread that I received today. I modified the To: and From: just in case. Just trying to save someone the pain of potentially pulling the trigger on a deal that is too good to be true. Great images of a beautiful, low mileage, affordable 2014 FJ presents a strong allure that someone might find hard to resist. Additionally, here is an about on the below eBay Escrow Protection Program

I look forward to returning here once I get my FJ!

Stay safe everyone and have a great New Year!

-----------------

Date:
Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 4:28 PM
To: RJ
Subject:
Re: 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser

I have attached some pics with the car for you. As I told you in my first email, I will leave in a week to Canada, where my husband got a new job. Because of the short time that I have left and so many things to deal with concerning our departure I have signed a contract with eBay to take care of the selling on my behalf. The car is already at the shipping company in Denver, CO sealed and ready for the shipping. The total money you have to pay would be $12,500.00.

Due to the fact that this is a large transaction I would like it be handled by eBay`s Escrow Protection Program which allows you to get it first, benefit of a 5 days inspection time period and then i will get the payment. SO...ONLY AFTER you receive the car and you inspect it, eBay will release the payment to me, in this way we are both protected. If you are a serious buyer and still interested in this car please reply with your full name (for the bill of sale), a delivery address and a phone # where you can be reached and I will forward them to eBay and they will send you the invoice with all of the transaction details.
Thanks
On 1/13/2021 5:20 AM, RJ wrote:
Where is the vehicle located and where can I see it in person? Also, can you provide more images and a CARFAX report?

Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 8:18:02 AM
Subject:2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Thanks for being interested in my 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser. Army Green with painted/color matched top. Interior is in excellent condition(non-smoker), has most options including: Roof rack, rear locker, factory steps, backup camera, power windows/locks, tilt, cruise, multi-disk head unit(stereo, no sub). Runs and drives excellent, has
about 1 season left on the current tires. It has automatic transmission and 67500 miles on it. 4WD is working as it should. The title is clear and has my name printed as owner. The price is $12,500. I have tried to sell it at a higher price but we are in a bit of a rush since my husband got a new job and signed a contract for 2 years in Edmonton, Canada. He is already there and I will leave in a week or so. We don't have the conditions to keep it there and we need the money in this period of transition so I am trying to sell this as soon as possible. If you have any questions or need any info or photos please ask.
Thank you
Lastly here's an about on the aforementioned eBay Escrow Protection Program

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey all, good evening! I don't own an FJ but would really love to! I learned a lot while researching what to look for when purchasing an FJ and just wanted to give back. At this point I will have to settle for a Ford Fusion as an FJ is just not in the cards financially.

A few weeks ago while I was on here researching I came across this post. Am here today as I just got an e-mail from the "owner" as I had inquired several weeks ago via Craigslist in New Jersey about this car. I would recommend that you proceed with caution. Below is an e-mail thread that I received today. I modified the To: and From: just in case. Just trying to save someone the pain of potentially pulling the trigger on a deal that is too good to be true. Great images of a beautiful, low mileage, affordable 2014 FJ presents a strong allure that someone might find hard to resist. Additionally, here is an about on the below eBay Escrow Protection Program

I look forward to returning here once I get my FJ!

Stay safe everyone and have a great New Year!

-----------------

Date:
Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 4:28 PM
Subject:
Re: 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser

I have attached some pics with the car for you. As I told you in my first email, I will leave in a week to Canada, where my husband got a new job. Because of the short time that I have left and so many things to deal with concerning our departure I have signed a contract with eBay to take care of the selling on my behalf. The car is already at the shipping company in Denver, CO sealed and ready for the shipping. The total money you have to pay would be $12,500.00.

Due to the fact that this is a large transaction I would like it be handled by eBay`s Escrow Protection Program which allows you to get it first, benefit of a 5 days inspection time period and then i will get the payment. SO...ONLY AFTER you receive the car and you inspect it, eBay will release the payment to me, in this way we are both protected. If you are a serious buyer and still interested in this car please reply with your full name (for the bill of sale), a delivery address and a phone # where you can be reached and I will forward them to eBay and they will send you the invoice with all of the transaction details.
Thanks
On 1/13/2021 5:20 AM, RJ wrote:

Lastly here's an about on the aforementioned eBay Escrow Protection Program
Same bloke. Freak him out. Tell him he’s charging too little and that you want to offer more for his beautiful FJ !

·
Registered
38 Posts
the green FJ that was "listed" here in San Diego had a link to TRED, Wanted you to sign up. Scam.

·
Premium Member
13,240 Posts
Ahh....the ol' left it with the shipper scam.

I do miss Svetlana.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had I white one somebody was trying to scam people with last summer when I bought mine. Was supposed to be in Montreal, a 2013,very clean and at a too good to be true price. The seller was awkward in his messages so in investigated the photos and found they were shot in an Austin, TX mall's parking. Confronted him and never seen the add again.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
223 Posts
The best rule of thumb is if it’s too good to be true, it probably is. With FJ’s being such a popular used vehicle scammers will use them as their bait. I’ve seen a number of them this past year on Craigslist, as I use search tempest and auto tempest frequently. The same ones pop up all over the US for a few months, then swap out new pictures and start all over again. All seem to be very clean, lower miles 2010~2014 for less than 15k. Basically completely unrealistic listings. Occasionally, I’ll see a good deal and if I feel it’s legit I’ll pass it along on here. With the disclaimer to be careful of scams. But Craigslist like Facebook market place can occasionally pay off with some great FJ buys. It’s just always buyer beware.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts