Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

crankshaft position sensor.

15K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  blue cruiser4x4 
#1 ·
ok the scan machine say's po340 and po343. need to now how to do this. do you work from the engine area or underneath. to remove cooling compressor to get to one of them. and where is the other one located. since it is a v6 there should be one on each side?. do you take off the generator also. I can do this just don't won't to start at the wrong place. what about the front skid plate. take it off or not. and is there any manual or video for this. I have found a couple of pictures. but they just point to it. was looking for picture of compressor off showing the sensor. and where the other one is. thank for any help I can get. god bless

#2 ·
tried the disconnect the battery and push brake for 10 second's. well it cleared the dashboard. and I was having trouble with starting. was taking 5 or 8 times before it started. now it start's like normal. so glad I read a post rom Jimmie on how to do this. hope I spelled that right. tell me if I spelled it wrong. so I will see how long it work's. and if it changes I can get to check new code's. I do have a bit of rough idle. I'll keep reading. Thank you god bless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.