Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tasty little critters.

Anyone up for a night out feasting on crawfish?

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
I'm game! I might be grabbing some at Big Woodrow's Saturday after a day at Saint Arnold's Brewery.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
I'm gonna have some this weekend, they should be getting big now that it's getting late in the season, no thanks to that late freeze.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I've boiled 5 times so far this season. The pond crawfish are decent. The spillway are still slightly small.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Is it in season already?! I love those things when I worked for a little while in SE TX (Orange, TX). I had some flown to me last year. Would love to have some if I visit relatives in TX this year. Use to drive to Lake Charles (I know, it's not TX... :)) for crawfish. Yummy!

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Is it in season already?! I love those things when I worked for a little while in SE TX (Orange, TX). I had some flown to me last year. Would love to have some if I visit relatives in TX this year. Use to drive to Lake Charles (I know, it's not TX... :)) for crawfish. Yummy!
If you make it down near Houston let me know, I will fire up the boiler.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Trust me, there better in Louisiana ;)

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Trust me, there better in Louisiana ;)
Lol, you're trying to start a war? :lol:

My favorite crawfish is a shack in Lake Charles...mmm... crawfish, fried oysters, steam corn, clams, yummm!!!

Honestly, any southern crawfish is better then frozen LA (Los Angeles) crawfish! :roller:

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Lol, you're trying to start a war? :lol:

My favorite crawfish is a shack in Lake Charles...mmm... crawfish, fried oysters, steam corn, clams, yummm!!!

Honestly, any southern crawfish is better then frozen LA (Los Angeles) crawfish! :roller:
Thats like asking Canada if it wants to start a war with the US. It's dumb :lol:

I have had boiled crawfish in many places outside of Louisiana, they have all been horrible seasoned and not cooked well.

The only person in Texas i'd trust to do a good batch would be Ryan (fingas) and that is because he is a LA native :lol:Also, only people outside of LA call them crawdads, haha.

During crawfish season, i usually get them twice a week, i have been addicted since about age 2.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Thats like asking Canada if it wants to start a war with the US. It's dumb :lol:

I have had boiled crawfish in many places outside of Louisiana, they have all been horrible seasoned and not cooked well.

The only person in Texas i'd trust to do a good batch would be Ryan (fingas) and that is because he is a LA native :lol:Also, only people outside of LA call them crawdads, haha.

During crawfish season, i usually get them twice a week, i have been addicted since about age 2.
That's cause Ryan is from South of I-10. God Bless him.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
:rofl:

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
That's cause Ryan is from South of I-10. God Bless him.
I can attest for Ryan's boiling abilities! The kid knows his way around a boiling pot that's for sure.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Next Sunday the 17th Texas Tavern on Cypress North Houston near Huffmiester is having another crawfish boil, all you can eat $15.00 or $3.00 lb. went there today and its pretty good. They went through 750lbs in 3hrs. Its starts at 2PM and getting there early is recommend. If anybody wants to come out, I can get us tables set up. Post up who is interested so I can make sure they have enuff for us to eat, if we have a group that will show up they will set a cooler aside for us! So post up for those interested.

1. Old Sarge + 1

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Count me in, these little critters are tasty.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts