Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Haven't posted here in a while. I left Point Loma (San Diego) Monday night for The Washington DC area. I had my FJ loaded up and also had a Thule pod n the roof and a toyota bike rack on the rof as well as a big trailer hitch bike rack on the back. I had upwards of a 25% mpg increase by just cruising along about 30 feet off the back bumper of a willing big rig. I had a CB so I was able to talk to these people. Some of them were not happy to cut the air for me but some were.

The FJ is a comfortable ride for the long haul. Now I am in Northern VA. I sure wil miss Anza Borrego, etc.

Cheers all!

H

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Wow, thats a long road trip.

Keep us posted of you progress.

Drive safely bro - :cheers:

-

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PL,
Welcome to VA. Where are you in the DC area? If you get a chance look up the FJ Bruisers. They're a local club, good people. Hope to meet you while you're in the NCR.
Thanks man! I am in Reston. I was moderately active with the SoCal FJers ... went on a few runs ... good folks. I will now have to get my rig into the woods ... so far it has only een in the desert and rocks!

H

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
have a safe trip, i drove from jersey to indiana last fall for notre dame football game, fj rides real sweet on the highway

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Travel safely!

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
849 Posts
hey point loman.........hows it going? i didnt know you were relocating east. we'll be making that same drive sometime this year.....moving to upstate NY (end of summer/early autumn...depends on sale of house) so we'll sort of be neighbors. we'll have to do a big RIGHT COAST meet and greet and eat!!

did you drive the southern route thru texas or north thru colorado, etc? we want to do a scenic long drive going back...mt rushmore, a few parks, etc.

enjoy the heat and humidity. its 75 and sunny here. hee hee hee (not really...today was in the 90's in ramona)
we'll miss ya on the so. cal. runs.

·
Registered
452 Posts
glad you made it OK point loman...bummer that you've relocated, hope it's for the best...now you'll have to change your handle...hmmm, VA man:thinkerg:

make sure you hook-up with some FJers, there's some awesome wheel'n in them mountains and woods.:rocker:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts