Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update: I was told to pick dayshift or nights. I picked dayshift. They needed nightshift turns out. So no more road trip. More staying Pennsylvania!

So I just got a job offer for a short contract at a VA hospital in AZ and I'm driving my FJ from Pennsylvania to get there! I'm avoiding highways/tolls (Adding about 11 hours to the journey but I'm not in a rush and plan on stopping to see some sights along the way!) Giving myself three days to complete the journey.

Anyone know of any good trails out there!? I'm a newbie offroader but would be willing to go on some excursion with anyone located around Tucson!

Also, any tips for long haul traveling? I only have a spare tire bike rack and everything fits inside my vehicle. I plan on stealth camping on the way there also if anyone has tips on that! I'll also be documenting the journey because...well why not...everyone puts everything on youtube nowadays so why not share my journey too!

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
You’ll be passing by my area. NW NM. If you go through any Colorado backroads there will be something.
Let us know the general plan for the route.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Long haul , AZ , cross country trip , This has Deb written all over it maybe she can offer some sound advice

·
Registered
164 Posts
There's plenty to do and see in AZ. There's a great group of FJ owners that stay in contact in the state using mostly FB, but also the AZFJ.org site. Check it out when you get here. They are a bunch of great folks. I, myself am in the Phoenix area and we have lots to do around here as well.
Have a safe and fun trip and we hope to see you on the trails here in AZ.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Long haul in an FJ: buy a sheepskin seat cover for the driver's seat, best purchase ever. It keeps you cool in the summer and warm in the winter and the micro fibers structure of sheep fur provides better support without pressure points than just about anything else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts