Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Desert Moderator
6,218 Posts
So after I got the correct diagrams for my model and connected the correct wire...
Still no dice... And on the upside - no fire either, so I guess I'm still winning!

Next step - Multimeter to check connections etc, and failing that, investigate the role of the clutch switch in all of this...
My car has the switch, it's just not connected to anything, and it doesn't have a clutch cancel switch, so I guess that stuff was deleted from the GCC 6MTs - along with the cruise wiring harness and the cruise indicator light on the dash.

This is becoming an obsession...

·
Desert Moderator
6,218 Posts
Does anyone know where the cable that leads from the clutch switch leads to? Another connector?

·
Registered
5 Posts
My ECU was also completely different to what was in Rostra manual (old and new). Till now I have no idea which cable is actually the one from the steering wheel to the ECU.. Well good luck then :)

·
Desert Moderator
6,218 Posts
My ECU was also completely different to what was in Rostra manual (old and new). Till now I have no idea which cable is actually the one from the steering wheel to the ECU.. Well good luck then :)
I figured that out and which pin to connect it to on the ECU, but I messed the terminal up, so I need a replacement terminal for the ECU connection. There is also a possibility that I need to connect the clutch switch. The Cruise indicator is another ECU connection, but I don't think that will be required to make it work.

The connector is the 2nd to top (E77), and it is position 11 that you need to push the terminal into.

The other end of the ECU wire needs to go into the spiral connector along with an earth into the same connector. Let me know if you need to know where that is.

Attachments

·
Desert Moderator
6,218 Posts
Re: Need help for cruise control installation

Extra wires arrived today - resurrecting this project! Hopefully I have success tonight!

·
Desert Moderator
6,218 Posts
Re: Need help for cruise control installation

Extra wires arrived today - resurrecting this project! Hopefully I have success tonight!
OK - So I installed the terminal into the ECU plug sucessfully - it's still not working. I haven't done an end-to-end check of the circuit with a multimeter, but I'm sure it's OK. I think the most likely culprit is the lack of a clutch switch... I'll hack that together tonight to test that theory after I have a quick check with the multimeter and I check my pinout diagrams.

I WILL get this bugger working...

·
Desert Moderator
6,218 Posts
So any success meanwhile ?
Not yet! To be honest I haven't done anything or ages on that. I think I need to fake a clutch switch with 12v to one of the ecu pins, but that will have to be switchable because I suspect it wont start with 12v applied....
I guess the switch will have to be labeled start / cruise

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Desert Moderator
6,218 Posts
None - sorry. Maybe the coronavirus might give me some more time to finish all the projects that I've started...

41 - 51 of 51 Posts