Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The dates for CM11 are listed in Toyota Trails as May 2-7. Registration opened on the 10th about 7 PM CT. Also noted they are returning event HQ to the Slickrock Campground. No reason was given but I am guessing Area BFE costs were pretty steep for all the stuff thay had to bring in there to make it civilized. I have been to both sites now and see some advantages at each site. Either are OK by me.

Chris, can you add anything on why the move back to SRCG?

Alan

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
I spoke to Chris recently and he said this.

Last year took a huge amount of extra planning to set up at the new location(BFE). This year it seems they have less resources (people) available to help with planning so the easy thing to do is just put it where it is "comfortable".

Also, it sounds like the response was rather "polarizing" - either love it or hate it. I'm sure some disliked that it was several miles out of Moab - where all the trail runs start and where all the stores and restaurants are - while some dislike the big gravel parking lot of a campground that is Slickrock. The cold, snowy, windy weather at BFE in 2010 had to play a part as well.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
yeah right, I'm sure it had to do with the anonymous survey they had, that place was a total schit hole if you ask me... there was no way I'd go back if it were held there again.. there was absolutely no need to take it from the slickrock, what-so-ever...

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
I'm stoked!!! This will be my first time out there, can't wait.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
It's an awesome event at the Slickrock :rocker:

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Alan, I think Kurt(Wasatch Cruisers) is going to be leading another overnight trip again...there has been talk about HITR....not 100% on this, I will talk to Kurt and post up what/when I find out.
There will be a new overnighter . . . but I am sworn to secrecy in regards to what/where it is. :lookaround:

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
There will be a new overnighter . . . but I am sworn to secrecy in regards to what/where it is. :lookaround:
Tease!! Then again it's only a half secret now :lol:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I'd be up for a change on the overnighter venue. The Swell area was swell (pun intended) but having done it twice now I'd like to see a change. In fact I was considering not trying to get in on the O/N because I was ready for a change, now it looks like I am back in the chase for a spot.

Leave it to Athena to really speak her mind on BFE.... go girl! :lol:

Alan

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
I'm not sure Lee but what I know involves a trail (which I've been down before) that starts near the border of Colorado and Utah and comes out near Moab.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I'm not sure Lee but what I know involves a trail (which I've been down before) that starts near the border of Colorado and Utah and comes out near Moab.
That one sounds interesting, competing overnighters, but I think I will be joining in the SRS trip. Possibly another early bird run also before CM begins, checking out other parts of SRS.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
I must of done that one already too ;)

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just checked CM11 website and registration still not open yet.

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Yeah, they will have San Rafael Swell and Kokopelli Trail as overnighters this year. I haven't yet decided if I will be going to CM2011. I may decide to prerun the Koko before CM2011 with one of the trail leaders but haven't decided yet because it's so darn far away.

Who's planning to be there ?

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Yeah, they will have San Rafael Swell and Kokopelli Trail as overnighters this year. I haven't yet decided if I will be going to CM2011. I may decide to prerun the Koko before CM2011 with one of the trail leaders but haven't decided yet because it's so darn far away.

Who's planning to be there ?
Now that it's back where it should have always been, we're considering our 4th year :cheers:

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
My first time wheeling out West. I am so there, might not ever leave. :rocker:

1 - 20 of 147 Posts