Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want some real meat up under my FJ, for some rough terrain crawling, no rocks just yet! need some nice wide tires that will look diggin! Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Tires are like women it's all personel prefrence. Are you lifting the fj and are you keeping the stock 17 rims ?

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,169 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
16,569 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
372 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Preference and how you're going to use the truck are the two big things... I commute in mine so I went with the Bridgestone Revo's... Not hugely agressive on looks, but I like the way they look, they are good on road, great in rain and snow, and are decent for a good bit of offroad.

g/l with your decision.... there is TONS of good info/opinions on this board if you take the time to search/read.

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
Super Swamper LTBs. Come in 16 and 17 inch. I read over 40 reviews on 6 different sites. The dig the hardest . . . and drive the worst. Maybe not a good balance.

BUT they dig.

Check out this whole thread: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/suspension-tech/5935-all-pro-lift-swampers-bandis-fjc-5.html
Mean tires, but besides the bad onroad performance, they are about as soft as a babys arse. If ya want claws, get Mickey tmpsons, long lasting radials and also a darn good offroad tire but then agin like stated that is my preference, I also like enormously thick women. lol Kiddin, I hope my wife doesnt read this .lol

·
Registered
372 Posts
Mean tires, but besides the bad onroad performance, they are about as soft as a babys arse. If ya want claws, get Mickey tmpsons, long lasting radials and also a darn good offroad tire but then agin like stated that is my preference, I also like enormously thick women. lol Kiddin, I hope my wife doesnt read this .lol
For your sake I hope not.:grinbiginvert: :grinbiginvert:

Tell me more. I really like the looks and reviews of the Mickey Thompsons. Does the softness of the LTBs just make them wear quicker or do they not work well on packed dirt. I imagine they suck performance wise at speeds over 20mph? Tell me - tell me now.

·
Registered
372 Posts
not sure on the performance but they will wear easily and chunks fall off. a bud of mine with an h2 had em and they dint last long at all
Oh well. Better to know before you buy I guess. Thanks. I imagine he used them as a daily driver? I would only use them off road in rough/sloppy conditions. Rocks would probably only tear them apart faster.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts