1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I'm assuming you're going?! If so, I'm sending in the check! :)
Last year we camped starting Thurs. nite, Set up on FRi. then ran a bunch of trails late afternoon into the night.
It was my FJ's first taste of off-road!

I will probably be working a checkpoint or spotting/winching an obstacle. My daughter will be handling t-shirt sales.

I met with Metal Tech and the Trails Team the other night and Mark was still trying to get them to commit (not sure of outcome).

The run starts with a tech inspection, ORV permits required.

2ndly a short driver meeting, then 2 groups are formed, one starting on the trail, one starting at the tech course (articulation ramp, see-saw balance ramp and maybe other challenges.)

This is a poker run, all drivers are given cards at various checkpoints, best hand at the end wins $$$. You also earn points through out the run, competing at different challenges/games at each checkpoint, highest scores also win prizes.

After the run, you are treated to an awesome BBQ, chicken or steak and all the trimmings. followed by the award ceremony and then everyones favorite THE RAFFLE! (Casacde Cruiser members are not allowed to participate, so there is a lot of goodies for all the guest participants!)

This run is open to all vehicles, last year we saw some awesome entries, even an all-wheel drive toyota van!

For any serious obstacles there are bypasses, for those not willing to try the challenge. This is an awesome opportunity to wheel with some of the best, challenge your own abilities and see what your FJ can really do. THIS IS NOT A RACE! This is a safe and well run event.
I hope to see many of you up there, you will not be dissapointed.

Thank you all-Bill

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I enjoyed last years meet, and have been looking forward to it this year. I talked to the Toyota Trail Team at the summit, and they plan to attend again this year. Will see you there :)

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'm filling out my app before lunch! See you all there! :)

·
Registered
937 Posts
Still working on conformation as to the TT, will let you know. Editor of the Toyota Trails with the TLCA will be flying in from SC along with a few guys from KY. Will be a good party fur sure!

MT will be there and if there are enough FJ’s going I may organize a special run Friday before the main event for us.

Mark

·
NWFJCC Moderator
2,801 Posts
Still working on conformation as to the TT, will let you know. Editor of the Toyota Trails with the TLCA will be flying in from SC along with a few guys from KY. Will be a good party fur sure!

MT will be there and if there are enough FJ’s going I may organize a special run Friday before the main event for us.

Mark
Mark if I'm not working I'll join you on friday otherwise I'll see you Sat.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Bill, lets try to take your FJC up the backside of 7 up :bananahump-slvrathl
You know I'll try anything once, maybe I oughta sell this propane set- up I scored and buy a SAS!:thinkerg:

Speaking of trying anything, how was Japan? Any cool Toyoat stuff? Did you eat any Blowfish?

Oh yeah, Mark said to tell you to get back to the fabrication mines!

Aloha No, -Bill

·
Registered
486 Posts
:soapbox:

Football is my LIFE from Aug. 1st until Nov. 14th. :( Its all good though, got two running the pigskin this year. :D

Enjoy Bill! I suspect you'll do well! Still getting plenty of milege out of the Rock garden video..."Built Toyota Tuff". ;)
Hey Rip, I saw a H3 on 405 with "Tonka" on the windshield...didn't look as good ;-)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
You know I'll try anything once, maybe I oughta sell this propane set- up I scored and buy a SAS!:thinkerg:

Speaking of trying anything, how was Japan? Any cool Toyoat stuff? Did you eat any Blowfish?

Oh yeah, Mark said to tell you to get back to the fabrication mines!

Aloha No, -Bill
Hey man... not funny :p

Saw a bunch of Prados, one HJ61 (raised roof), a 70 series, and a very rare FJ43.

No blowfish in Japan. Did eat a lot of sushi.

I'm already back at it. Finishing up the FJ40 that is in the shop. Also going to be doing an ARB install on the read end of my cruiser.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Looking forward to this event! Yeah!!!!!

1 - 20 of 83 Posts