Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

121 - 140 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Codger, Roundup won't happen because we have a wedding to attend Labor Day Weekend (unless that changes in the next few days and I can sign up :grin)

I hope Summit was good for you! We will plan a trip soon!
-Chris
Hi Chris. Roundup registration closes 7/31. Summit was great and the San Juan Mtns unbelievable and breathtaking. You have to experience it in person to appreciate the magnitude of it all. Compare elevations - we crossed passes at 13k to 14k ft. The highest point in TN is only 5k ft. What surprised me was that about half the attendees were first-timers. You owe it to yourself (and so does @Lumber_Jack) to attend a Summit. I guarantee you'll be glad you did.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Anyone going on the Earthbound Overland Catoosa WMA ride July 30?

Event | Earthbound Overland

Date- July 30, 2016
Ride Location – Catoosa Wildlife Management
Nearest city – Crossville Tn
Time Frame –Day ride with optional Overnight Camping
Hi Chris. Roundup registration closes 7/31. Summit was great and the San Juan Mtns unbelievable and breathtaking. You have to experience it in person to appreciate the magnitude of it all. Compare elevations - we crossed passes at 13k to 14k ft. The highest point in TN is only 5k ft. What surprised me was that about half the attendees were first-timers. You owe it to yourself (and so does @Lumber_Jack) to attend a Summit. I guarantee you'll be glad you did.
I really am dying to go. Maybe next year! I will be at the Appalachian Toyota Roundup. @Codger are you camping at the roundup?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
My son lives in Knxvl so I'm prone to bum off him rather than camping. I'd consider splitting a bunk cabin if that was an option for a few guys.

If say they're probably sold out at this point. My wife will be at the in-laws in Knoxville so I may go there too. It depends on how hot it is I guess

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
For those heading East for Roundup on Thursday, Sept 1. There is a caravan meeting at the Pilot Travel station 921 Murfreesboro Road, Lebanon Tennessee @ 1Pm Central time. This is Exit 238 on I-40 south of the interstate. A couple guys from Memphis are coming through and meeting there. Anyone interested in the convoy, just show up and look for the FJ's. I personally cannot participate, but will be at the Round-Up Friday morning.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Jealous! I really wanted to go to the roundup but it just wasn't in the cards this year.
Everyone who goes take lots of good VIDEO and PICS!!!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Jealous! I really wanted to go to the roundup but it just wasn't in the cards this year.

Everyone who goes take lots of good VIDEO and PICS!!!!

Definately, we'll get some pics and videos posted soon after.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #129

·
Registered
308 Posts
Anyone have a suggestion for where to get my CB radio tuned up? I just installed a Cobra 29LTD with a 3' firestik. I don't have an SWR meter, and was hoping to get some help since I'm newer to radios.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Anyone have a suggestion for where to get my CB radio tuned up? I just installed a Cobra 29LTD with a 3' firestik. I don't have an SWR meter, and was hoping to get some help since I'm newer to radios.

I can do it. I have an SWR meter I borrowed and never returned :D

·
Registered
308 Posts
I can do it. I have an SWR meter I borrowed and never returned :D
Awesome! I'm pretty slammed at work so I'll shoot you an email for meeting up later this month. On a positive side, I'm on I-24 a lot, and based on this morning, I'm not too far off on my settings. Heard lots of angry potty mouth truckers that made me lolz.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Awesome! I'm pretty slammed at work so I'll shoot you an email for meeting up later this month. On a positive side, I'm on I-24 a lot, and based on this morning, I'm not too far off on my settings. Heard lots of angry potty mouth truckers that made me lolz.
Yeah sounds good. Keep and eye out for a good open space without buildings or power lines. It will help to not have interference. Be careful running the radio too much without tuning the antennae. A high SWR can damage the radio

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
@Lumber_Jack any word on the next local monthly dinner for those of us not on the book of faces. Now that I got this thing I guess I should come meet the local FJ gang. :)

FJ by Erik, on Flickr

Heck yah man. We haven't picked a place yet but it'll be the first Thursday in December. Hopefully it rains before then and I can get off forest fire duty

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Hey @Lumber_Jack, thx for the offer. What happened with the decals? Did you ever get more?

No not yet but I think we'll move forward with some new ones soon. Maybe similar design as the patch

121 - 140 of 185 Posts