Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why couldn't Toyota just make cup holders that stay in the hole and don't stick to the cup?:flame: By far the worst cup holder design by far. I have lost one and recovered 2 from the trash. This is ridiculous.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Why couldn't Toyota just make cup holders that stay in the hole and don't stick to the cup?:flame: By far the worst cup holder design by far. I have lost one and recovered 2 from the trash. This is ridiculous.
That happened to me as well, I just used a little velcro and it keeps them from getting thrown out..

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I like them...if they are too tight then remove inserts. I like them as I can remove to clean or if condensation fills with liquid I dont have to soak the water out of holder like others...i can pull it and dump it.

prefer this design over any others I have had actually.

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
I actually want to buy 2 more. I just "donated" one of mine to the hubby's Titan. Now, that, my friends, is a lousy cup holder design. They sit in the middle of a huge console and they are too big... so.... anything you put in them is at risk of turning over. I figured I would give him one of mine to see if it would work. Actually, it is working alot better than the bunch of napkins he had stuffed in the things trying to keep from wearing his coffee.

Kim

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like them...if they are too tight then remove inserts. I like them as I can remove to clean or if condensation fills with liquid I dont have to soak the water out of holder like others...i can pull it and dump it.

prefer this design over any others I have had actually.

It's not that they are too tight.. its that they stick/suction cup to any medium size/regular drive-through cup. and if you take the insert out then the whole is to big, drink slides and tips over, spilling all of its contents into your new shoe.

There was big thread on this long ago.. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
the cup holder without the insert can fit a big slurpee cup, with the insert holds regular cup just fine... I see it as "feature" when I grab the cup & the insert came with it.

the rubber insert is great for holding small screws and parts when I am working on taking the console out.

I like this design :)

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I was wondering what you were referring to. I never drink drive-thru cups. My Blue Moon bottles are sorta small in there but they don't tip over and the Dr. Pepper can's seem to fit ok.. Ron

It's not that they are too tight.. its that they stick/suction cup to any medium size/regular drive-through cup. and if you take the insert out then the whole is to big, drink slides and tips over, spilling all of its contents into your new shoe.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Our 05 Acura TL eats cups alive. They have these rubberish teeth that keep the cups nice and tight. Have to becareful when pulling the cup out though, I have a flimsy cup break in half (not pretty). My old Navigator had the "extra" rubber attachments like the FJ. I guess its for those large water bottles or cups.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Our 05 Acura TL eats cups alive. They have these rubberish teeth that keep the cups nice and tight. Have to becareful when pulling the cup out though, I have a flimsy cup break in half (not pretty). My old Navigator had the "extra" rubber attachments like the FJ. I guess its for those large water bottles or cups.
That peice of crap Camry they let me drive would rip styrofoam cups when I would pull them out. Of corse I didn't clean it up, teach them a lesson for keeping my FJ for 3 weeks.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts

sorry, not had that problem with SONIC, MCDs, or POPEYES big plastic drink cups....gatorade or powerade. I did have issue one morning with Lipton Green Tea bottle being too loose and wiggling so I just drank more. LOL:cheers:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I actually like the cup holders, although it would be nice to have those adjustable one like the one in the Land Cruisers or the 4Runners

·
Registered
851 Posts
I haven't had too many issues. I like the fact that you can take them out for bigger drinks. Plus, they make a really good dog water bowl. :lol:

·
Registered
499 Posts
ahh in my old '05 tl same thing loved it. i miss that car

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
well being left and right handed, i told my wife the other day, i wish they would have formed cup holders up hi on the doors better than having to reach around the shifter and the other is to far back for the driver, because of the arm rest..

1 - 20 of 41 Posts