Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ideal FJ would be the brownish-green SEMA color. Apparently this color isn't ready for production. I just spent a few minutes on Toyota's website and here are some colors available on other Toyotas that I would prefer on an FJ to what's offered, in no particular order.

Indigo Ink Pearl (Dark Blue)- Tacoma
Impulse Red Pearl (Dark Red)- Tacoma
Desert Sand Mica (Tan)- Tacoma
Timberland Mica (Dark Green)- Tundra
Everglade Metallic (Lighter Green)- RAV4
Aspen Green Pearl (Green)- Camry

Please!!! Toyota- give us a couple more colors....

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Tan would go throught the roof,,,,,,they couldn't make enough, just by looking at the responses on this site.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
EJR said:
Tan would go throught the roof,,,,,,they couldn't make enough, just by looking at the responses on this site.
i still want the blue. see, i recall one day while i was in high school, driving out to go see an old refurbished fj40, cant remember the exact year...but it was gorgeous, and "smurf" blue. i had enough money but i got vetoed by my folks. so i have a soft spot in my heart for that blue - makes me feel oh so young again (dancing now). plus i just think it'll be a classic color for this car. tan would be killin too,...but i lump that in with white, black and silver - although a black body with silver trim and a silver top would work out well for football season in my neck of the woods. now if they could just get their **** together and play like the team they should be - dam raiders.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Yeah, I guess I could get by with Smurf Blue and Orange for football season... (Yes CaliFJ, I'm talkin' to you... all I got to say is 13.5 point favorites - you're boys better actually show up to this game...)

The yellow, covered in dirt, with the ARB bumper is going to look absolutely sick. Plus, it's a yellow that will go well with my mtn bike - Fisher Katai from 99 in "Tequila Sunrise (Yellow to red to black)", it also matches the LL Bean Parka for the winter months. So yellow is really my only choice. I feel for all you guys who are dying for a different color other than what they are offering though.

For those of you with discerning color tastes, you might consider coming up with your own color. Talk to a paint shop. See what they can come up with. If you were the first FJ to get repainted in some HOT custom color you might be able to get them to drop the price a little bit if you agreed to run a sticker of their shop on the back window or something.

I'm gettin' the idea that your frustration isn't that the colors aren't original enough, that it leads more to the retro aspect of the vehicle. They could have gotten by with offering the same colors that they did on the original FJ40.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Thats the best idea yet, they should have gone back to those retro colors.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I actually think I might like the postmodern subatomic yellow sun better than the retromustard vintage yellow on the old FJ-40s. Can't say for sure until I actually see a new one. My oldest daughter, who thinks she's going to be driving this thing off to college in '09, is a rabid Steelers fan. It won't happen while I'm driving it but can't you see a Steelers emblem on the side of a subatomic yellow FJC.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Pancho said:
I actually think I might like the postmodern subatomic yellow sun better than the retromustard vintage yellow on the old FJ-40s. Can't say for sure until I actually see a new one. My oldest daughter, who thinks she's going to be driving this thing off to college in '09, is a rabid Steelers fan. It won't happen while I'm driving it but can't you see a Steelers emblem on the side of a subatomic yellow FJC.
steelers need all the help they can get. what's up with that running game,....three backs and they still cant get anything consistent going.

whoops - wrong forum

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Pancho said:
It won't happen while I'm driving it but can't you see a Steelers emblem on the side of a subatomic yellow FJC.
No, what a horrible idea. I think that would look terrible.

[There is a slight possibility that I am a Ravens fan and as such, have a slight problem with roads infested with Steeler mobiles ;) ]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts