Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pictures of the bracket I had made for my bypass filter. The OEM plastic battery tray fits inside the Aluminum bottom tray and locks the whole assembly to the fender. Fits 07 -09 and is much sturdier than the OEM plastic tray. The bypass filter fits on the left side using a floating 3 stud plate so the entire assembly can be easily removed. This tray will also fit the Amsoil bypass filter/bracket. The bracket is the result of a lot of planning, test fitting and refinement. It was designed to fit an Optima Red Top Battery. You can also delete the side bracket and use is as a beefed up battery tray.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a picture of the original steel powdercoated tray Cris (FJTTSE) installed with his Amsoil bypass adapter/filter. The Aluminum one has been slightly refined.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Here is a picture of the original steel powdercoated tray Cris (FJTTSE) installed with his Amsoil bypass adapter/filter...
I sketched out "Plan C" for the hose routing today for the bypass. Have to order some more parts. This routing will have more braided line than what I originally wanted, but I think it will have a better chance of working then my other two plans. :rofl: Hope to have the bypass installed finally in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great. Keep us posted. There is growing interest in our project!

I sketched out "Plan C" for the hose routing today for the bypass. Have to order some more parts. This routing will have more braided line than what I originally wanted, but I think it will have a better chance of working then my other two plans. :rofl: Hope to have the bypass installed finally in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had a recent inquiry for one of my trays. I can still have them made. PM if interested.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not sure that it will not. i am just not familiar with the 10+ FJs. Maybe someone on here can verify that the plastic tray is the same as on the older FJs. If the plastic tray is the same it should fit.

Why wont it fit 2010+??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts