Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off, gotta say - Jason and crew are amazing to deal with. I sent crude PowerPoint sketches of my ideas to replace the "DO" with vents. They redrew the vents to better match and keep the integrity. The guys also tacked in 8 studs to allow me to mount the factory plastic mesh (from the old bumper) in the new bumper.

The bumper was shipped bare, touched up (skim coat of leveling compound), painted with Toyota Ti Silver base coat (4 coats) and clear coat (3 coats). The lower half of the bumper was rattle-canned satin black - much easier to touch up. Although, with the single stage paint and the Preval (self-contained spayer), touching up the silver is a piece of cake.

I used a Warn M8000 and a hawse lead. I also rewired and moved the winch remote plug - look on the top of the bumper near the p-side headlight.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Nice job, very clean

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
that looks great. steelies look nice too

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Yeah that looks absolutely fantastic. You are gonna be a rock star at the next gathering. It would be neat to see how that looks with the rear bumper since that is very close to finished.

It was a lot of effort to do but you got really outstanding results. Is your bezel white? Can't tell.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Very clean look! Sweet!!!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
That looks great.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! I am loving the look...

Yeah that looks absolutely fantastic. You are gonna be a rock star at the next gathering. It would be neat to see how that looks with the rear bumper since that is very close to finished.

It was a lot of effort to do but you got really outstanding results. Is your bezel white? Can't tell.
Yep - I do see a Demello rear bumper in my future... but how far in the future... eh hem... Jason?

Yeah, it would've been nice to unwrap the bumper and start wrenching... I think I had the bumper on a bench for three weeks before it went on - all the prep work, cleaning, sanding, painting, sanding, waiting, painting... But, now that it's on... I am glad I did it the way I did.

The bezel is white - the glare of that shiny bumper makes it hard to tell ;)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Looks great Manhatten. I have a custom bumper on the way too, but I have not the patience for such meticulous painting. Awesome job.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I have a hard time believing that's a normal DO bumper with only custom vents. It looks drastically different painted silver. I like it! Nice work.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Very nice!

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
That look Great !

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I'm liken the look of that. Nice touch with the corded remote plug in. :rocker:

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I like it too, can I get one too? :)

The paint looks really good.

The rear bumpers are here and we are working on them. The first batch should start going to powder coat next week. The next batch will be right after the first. I will post pics as soon as we get the first powder coated one back.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Very nice...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts