Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bumpers. With the options out there, it is a royal pain. It’s been over a year that I’ve contemplated this decision. I’ve talked with just about every vendor out there at some point or other to figure out what I wanted, via what was available, what was doable, what was stupid, etc... There are a helluva lot of great bumpers out there and Jason Demello and I had an intarweb heart-to-heart about what was smart and what wasn’t about a year ago. So thanks Jason for talking me out of mounting a tank to the front of my rig and risking a bent frame. When AZ SE posted up his new Ex 1 ‘Diamond Style’ Bumper, I had an immediate negative reaction – maybe because it wasn’t mine. I dunno. Anyhow, the more I stared at that bumper the more I liked it. However, I’ve always known that I’d need some full frontal beef because we’ve got more 4-legged critters on the road than we do vehicles. So I started playing around… with images – get your mind out of the gutter. I couldn’t divorce myself from the ‘Diamond Style’ insanity and so on December 13, 2007, I emailed Expedition One with powerpoint versions of my proposed additions. Yesterday I took delivery and I can say I am stupid excited about my one and only (for now) Expedition One bumper. I ordered lights and they should be here within the next few days but I couldn't wait to show this off. Thank you James and Sarah! Without further delay:

Sorry if its too many pics. I find I never have enough of the things I want to see.

PROPS (can you say that in WY?) TO JAMES AND SARAH. THANK YOU!!:cheers:

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Saaaweeet! Gosh is that ever nice, If I ever save up enough to sport one I surely will!!!

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
You are stupid excited??? I AM STUPID EXCITED TOO! :rocker: That is sweet! I love the straight on look from the front! Can you see any of it when you are driving?

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
That looks soooo BAD A$$!!!!!!!:rocker::rocker::rocker: Sweet bumper!!!!:rocker::rocker:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:cheers:
Looks great! I like how it wraps around the lights and grill.
Muchos Gracias!

Saaaweeet! Gosh is that ever nice, If I ever save up enough to sport one I surely will!!!
Thank you and Highly Recommended!

You are stupid excited??? I AM STUPID EXCITED TOO! :rocker: That is sweet! I love the straight on look from the front! Can you see any of it when you are driving?
Thanks. I can't. If I sit up high in the seat, I can see the top of the loops over the headlights but otherwise I can't see the bumper at all.

I like it. Never enough pics. :bigthumb:
I Love it! That's the best looking bumper. I was going to order the three loop diamond, but seeing yours I'm going to send the pic and copy, I have a Ti-Met too. PM'd.
That looks soooo BAD A$$!!!!!!!:rocker::rocker::rocker: Sweet bumper!!!!:rocker::rocker:
Thanks Guys:rocker::lol::cheers::clap:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
That's an FJ with attitude. Really looks mean. I didn't notice any tabs for lights. Are the tabs?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's an FJ with attitude. Really looks mean. I didn't notice any tabs for lights. Are the tabs?
Yep. There are tabs. From what I understand, I can't fit anything over 8" in diameter, tho. Beyond that the lights would interfere with the bumper hoops.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Yep. There are tabs. From what I understand, I can't fit anything over 8" in diameter, tho. Beyond that the lights would interfere with the bumper hoops.

Where are the tabs located? I couldn't see it in the picture. Wouldn't they be on the top tube?

·
Registered
356 Posts
man that bumper looks great!!

I think they make great stuff, in fact I'm waiting on my exp. one bumper to be done.. especially since I ripped the Tupperware one off on a tree:clap:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Expedition One is one of my top picks for a bumper as well. After seeing the photos of your rig my mind may be made up as too.

Really nice job.

Do the bars block the headlight beams at night in any way that you can tell?
I've always wondered about that with a couple different sets of bull bars. Many of the ones I've seen do obviously block the light path. Just looking at it head on the Expedition One does not seem to block it as much as many of the others.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Where are the tabs located? I couldn't see it in the picture. Wouldn't they be on the top tube?
Actuallly they're not. They're on the bottom beside the winch.

Expedition One is one of my top picks for a bumper as well. After seeing the photos of your rig my mind may be made up as too.

Really nice job.

Do the bars block the headlight beams at night in any way that you can tell?
I've always wondered about that with a couple different sets of bull bars. Many of the ones I've seen do obviously block the light path. Just looking at it head on the Expedition One does not seem to block it as much as many of the others.
I've had this on for only a few hours now so I can't honestly tell you. That said, everything I've heard and seen is that there is no light blockage.

·
Registered
482 Posts
That is by far my favorite bumper yet. At first I didnt care too much for the "Diamond" style, but with those subtle changes with the wrap around.. WOW. I want one.....NOW!! Gonna put in my order in the next few weeks. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Otto not only do you have a unique and outstanding rig that will really stand out in Ouray, but you write like a cowboy poet as well.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Looks really good Otto - :cheers:

-

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
man that bumper looks great!!

I think they make great stuff, in fact I'm waiting on my exp. one bumper to be done.. especially since I ripped the Tupperware one off on a tree:clap:
Thanks and I can guarantee you'll love yours:cheers:

That is by far my favorite bumper yet. At first I didnt care too much for the "Diamond" style, but with those subtle changes with the wrap around.. WOW. I want one.....NOW!! Gonna put in my order in the next few weeks. :bigthumb:
Thanks and I understand:lol:.

Otto not only do you have a unique and outstanding rig that will really stand out in Ouray, but you write like a cowboy poet as well.
Wow. Thanks Air. Unfortunately I will not be making it to Ouray this year, but I will be there in spirit. As for the writing, well I think that has something to do with the excess of celebratory bumper brews I consumed - the old noggin is hurtin' today:lol:

Looks really good Otto - :cheers:

-
Thank you sir:cheers:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Very nice

1 - 20 of 24 Posts