Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Larger Image Here: https://i.imgur.com/LF0eFY0.jpg

This person rear ended me yesterday in a parking lot, and then motioned for me to pull over. When I did, he sped up and drove away, leaving me holding the bag. Thanks people for any help or advice identifying what the custom details on this are versus what is standard. Can anyone tell what year the model is? Or if that license plate is a real plate or a custom vanity decoration or dealership plate? No license on the front at all. Thanks in advance! Any info that can help me identify any unique traits would rock.

· I Have a V-8!! Moderator
77,418 Posts
A location would be nice for those that don't recognize that plate or can't read where it's at.

· Premium Member
536 Posts
Yuck. Looking at license plate types on Wikipedia, it appears to be a California vanity plate. But a search for "TRG" in California comes back to a 2011 Land Rover. Maybe that's why they took off? Or I'm completely wrong.

You could search the rest of the states one by one for TRG to see if you get any FJ results if you're not sure of the state.

Does that garage charge a fee to park? Maybe they have security video of him paying and can match it with a receipt?

On a side note, that's some crap-tacular parking. The pickup is on the lines and the FJ squeezed in. As Deb has shown us in this forum, it's only proper to squeeze in when the passenger wheels are off-road in dirt and optionally elevated. :jester:

Reactions: debFJVT

77,418 Posts
Yuck. Looking at license plate types on Wikipedia, it appears to be a California vanity plate. But a search for "TRG" in California comes back to a 2011 Land Rover. Maybe that's why they took off? Or I'm completely wrong.

You could search the rest of the states one by one for TRG to see if you get any FJ results if you're not sure of the state.

Does that garage charge a fee to park? Maybe they have security video of him paying and can match it with a receipt?

On a side note, that's some crap-tacular parking. The pickup is on the lines and the FJ squeezed in. As Deb has shown us in this forum, it's only proper to squeeze in when the passenger wheels are off-road in dirt and optionally elevated. :jester:
Umm...I don't think my eyes are that bad, but isn't it TRD?

· Premium Member
5,240 Posts
TRD is my guess on the plate in whatever state your in.

That sticker on the left side of the rear window is a distinct mark. Can’t read it but it’s there.

Not enough details in the picture but;

Aftermarket rear bumper
Gas can holder either off the rear bumper or spare tire mount
Add on brackets on the roof rack
~3” lift
Larger tires than stock
Ladder to roof rack which is not common on many FJs

If your telling us the the truth I hope you get it resolved
If your fishing for something else, this could be the wrong place to look

Pictures of the damage your vehicle?

· Premium Member
536 Posts
Umm...I don't think my eyes are that bad, but isn't it TRD?
Sheesh. :) I worked 12 years for a company who's initials were TRG. I'm either drinking too much or not enough.

I enjoy a little armchair detective work, but I agree with @Iconic_ that it should be as simple as a call to the po-po or your insurance company.

Reactions: BIGGUY

77,418 Posts
Sheesh. :) I worked 12 years for a company who's initials were TRG. I'm either drinking too much or not enough.

I enjoy a little armchair detective work, but I agree with @Iconic_ that it should be as simple as a call to the po-po or your insurance company.
I've done the same thing where I was used to something and put that down instead of what I needed too. Like putting down your employee number instead of the zip code or vice versa. Doesn't work right.:rofl:

· Premium Member
16,122 Posts
The story doesn't quite add up....

· Admin
31,025 Posts
That TRD plate means nothing. You should have taken a picture of the VIN on the dash, walked away and called the POLICE.

We can't help you, ALL model year FJ's are the same on the exterior. The "custom" add on's as you called them are made by a number of different companies and usually bolted to items made by yet another company. The options and choices are endless. ;)

Sorry, but we can't help identify this FJ. IMHO, it was probably the owners kid on a joy ride.

Good Luck!

This thread is CLOSED.

· Premium Member
16,122 Posts
Around here, a plate number and description of driver is enough to get your insurance to cover damages.... once you file a police report that is.

Reactions: Hannibal
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.