Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to make a custom rear tool box and can't seem to find many pictures on here using the search option. If anyone has any ideas or could post a link it would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking of 1/2" plywood and 2x4 frame, wrapped in black vinyl with a top door. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
go to google images and type in fj cruiser rear storage box, most people call them storage or sleeping systems, thats probably why yourhaving trouble finding them

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Not to thread jack, but what do people do about their factory inverter when they put a box in?

·
Registered
574 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Not to thread jack, but what do people do about their factory inverter when they put a box in?
I put another inverter (400 watts, 2 plugs, USB) in at rear seat behind the driver.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
I'm going to make a custom rear tool box and can't seem to find many pictures on here using the search option. If anyone has any ideas or could post a link it would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking of 1/2" plywood and 2x4 frame, wrapped in black vinyl with a top door. Thanks guys!
Joey, with the top door, your very limited with what you can do with that space. Put alot of stuff on top, then you have to move ALL of it to get to your tools. Just a thought.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the good insight. Yeah I wasn't sure what most people call it, I knew I saw some pictures on here before. I need to customize it for the tools I use for work and I also have an aftermarket sub that I don't want to get rid of, I can live with a little rattle, I'm sure it won't sound too bad. I'll try to get some pictures up on here when I'm done. I just need to find some black vinyl to make it look nice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts