Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put this roof rack on back in 2014 and this thing is a beast. Custom built by another on the forums here. The only thing I did was order the fit kit to mount to the roof and build the air dam. I hardly ever use it for what its purpose is and I am kind of wanting to go to the factory roof rack instead of bare top like I had before. Anyone in the Omaha area want to trade up? Otherwise I'd take $300 for the whole set up including the rails, basket, and air dam plus your delete kit. You don't want to have this shipped, it is way too heavy. Message me if you are in the area and interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
iqbal, thanks! Trust me if I didn't think it would take freight costs to ship I'd consider offering. I about killed myself getting this thing up there so its definitely hefty, and being a one piece basket just isn't going to fly with UPS or FedEx very well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Never done it myself, but I know many people use Fastenal (the nut & bolt stores) for shipping as they move their own fastener freight and ship private party freight with it. Do a google search, but I have heard guys ship engines and such pretty reasonable.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have dealt with UPS Freight in the past without issue. Its never cheap and I would definitely wait for it to warm before considering taking this rack off, packing it, and shipping it. I was just seeing if anyone local would want to swap or buy at this time. Might expand later on.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I posted, here, on Facebook local pages and a few tire kickers. I figured people would have been all over trading stock for aftermarket! Crazy.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just messaged you back Somethingoriginal. We can work out a time and a place. Chances are I've seen you around town already.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts