Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here are the picks of the installed custom tool box. Need to paint it black yet. Tested it all out a few times and put it through some abuse and it all worked beautifully.

Here are the pics:

I don't have a roof rack so I used another forum member's idea (can't remember who it was) and used 200 lb test zip-ties to secure my hi-lift in front of my back seat. It will work as long as I don't want to lay my seats down. Eventually I will fab some brackets to mount it instead.

·
Registered
110 Posts
WOW that looks better than my dresser. I also like the cage to keep things in back in case of trouble. Does the cage come in and out or is it a permanent install.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
WOW that looks better than my dresser. I also like the cage to keep things in back in case of trouble. Does the cage come in and out or is it a permanent install.
It is part of an old dresser!!!:) I cut it up, reinforced it, and added some extra drywall screws. The fence can be removed fairly quickly.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
The tool box looks great ollie! Check out the "This should pass the sky-dirt test" thread for better inside the cab high lift jack mounts.:bandit:

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
looking good ollie.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Holy crap! Now that's a TOOL BOX...

Between that box o' tools and the CO2 tank, you could have a whole meth lab factory in the back of that Cruiser...

I need a door installed and some other wood work, do you hire out?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Holy crap! Now that's a TOOL BOX...

Between that box o' tools and the CO2 tank, you could have a whole meth lab factory in the back of that Cruiser...

I need a door installed and some other wood work, do you hire out?
Sorry dude... not in Washington or we might be able to talk.:roller:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nice work Dude!

That's exactly what my FCJ needs... a way to organize all the camping gear and tools in the back. It was no problem in my old Tacoma... just threw it all in and straped it down. But now there's less space in the back. Building something like your kit is on my list.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice work Dude!

That's exactly what my FCJ needs... a way to organize all the camping gear and tools in the back. It was no problem in my old Tacoma... just threw it all in and straped it down. But now there's less space in the back. Building something like your kit is on my list.
Thanks geoff. And thanks to evetyone else as well:roller: .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts