Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doug (or others that work at Toytec)

How hard is it to get custom valved shocks from ICON?

I am wanting to replace the OMEs on the front of my Land Cruiser with some nice ICONs and FOR progressive coils.

I have seen some values that are good for my weight vehicle, but would they be able to give me a better setup if i had my vehicle weighed (all four corners) and then allowed them to set them up?

If possible, i'd like to get a stud-stud shock about 10" in travel length, maybe 12" if i run some bump stop extensions. Do they make a stud-stud or only a stud-eye shock.

Can i get them through y'all and if so, what kind of pricing on monotube (non-res), and for remote reservoirs shocks?

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Good luck getting a response from Icon. I have emailed them on three times trying to find out if they offer rear shocks to match their front rough country replacement coilovers. I have also tried to get to maximium extended length for the upper trailing arms. No answer. I guess business must be good.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
try giving icon a call, ask for jeremy, he usually is available

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
I will have Ben our resident Landcruiser guy look into it. I know we looked into doing Radflo's a little while back. I will post up once i get more info

:bigthumb:

Dylan

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Dylan!

These OME shocks are killing me up front. The rear is fine, front bad. :)

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Layonn,

Talked to ICON and they said that they would be about a month out. Price wise it would be a 2.5" shock body and price usually for reservoir shock are $400 a piece custom vavled could be more. As for monotube shocks the don't have custom valved shocks. I do know that Radflo just released 80 series shocks.

-Ben-

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Layonn,

Talked to ICON and they said that they would be about a month out. Price wise it would be a 2.5" shock body and price usually for reservoir shock are $400 a piece custom vavled could be more. As for monotube shocks the don't have custom valved shocks. I do know that Radflo just released 80 series shocks.

-Ben-
Thanks checking on this Ben!

How is Radflo's quality compared to ICON, Fox, etc?

Do you know what the valving would be for the 80 series? I am just looking for something a little more smooth than the hard jarring of the OME shocks. And something a little more high end, maybe longer as well, than the standard OME nitrocharger sports.

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Radflo is about the same on quality from what we have seen, but the 80 series shock just were released and I have know idea how they would compare to ICON or FOX, seeing as the ICON/ FOX are not technically designed for the 80. As for vavling there is to many factors for me to give you an exact number. Whether you choos 2.0" or 2.5" shock bodies play a factor, as well do the spring/shock combo. I know that you said that your changing to FOR system and I know he uses a progressive spring which throws another factor into the loop. The 80 is heavy and uses coil spring so the vavling should be higher depending on all the factors that I listed. Each shock company also uses different numbers to measure valving so it really depends on who you choose for shocks.

-Ben-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts