Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a very nice FJ Crusier with the upgrade package and upgraded wheels last year. The color is Sandstorm. I was hoping to get information/feedback on the following customization's:

I want to buy the black trim kit to swap out the silver trim for black (including bumper accents). I plan to install it myself. Where is the best place to buy it?
After reading a recent discussion, I want to wrap the top in Sandstorm.
Remove the spare tire from the back but keep the backup camera. Is this possible?
Replace the stereo with a new one that includes Apple Car Play and GPS. Pretty straightforward. Any recommendations for a new one?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I bought a very nice FJ Crusier with the upgrade package and upgraded wheels last year. The color is Sandstorm. I was hoping to get information/feedback on the following customization's:

I want to buy the black trim kit to swap out the silver trim for black (including bumper accents). I plan to install it myself. Where is the best place to buy it?
After reading a recent discussion, I want to wrap the top in Sandstorm.
Remove the spare tire from the back but keep the backup camera. Is this possible?
Replace the stereo with a new one that includes Apple Car Play and GPS. Pretty straightforward. Any recommendations for a new one?

Thanks!
Welcome

that is gorgeous!!

1) sandstorm roof will look amazing when wrapped

2) your backup camera will work perfectly, after you remove the spare.

3) Apple carplay andgps is a wonderful one. I went with Wireless wifi . Pioneer NEX series . It has a backup Camera too

·
Premium Member
123 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a 13 as well and quicksand is my absolute favorite color. FYI, I used plastidip to cover the interior and exterior silver trim and wheels. Has worked out well for almost a year through the seasons and on the trails!

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,321 Posts
Welcome.

mall the mods you ask about are pretty straightforward. Plenty of threads here on swapping stereo and lots of members have colour coded or blacked out their roofs with either wrap or Plastidip.
To keep the camera you’ll need to fit a bracket to the door in place of the wheel carrier or mount it in the bumper both fairly easy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts