Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you are nervous as hell when you're cutting into your FJ? Are there many like me that get a big smile on their face when they're wielding a hole saw or a sawzall and getting ready to do some cutting? I know any of you out there that have done your own snorkels know one of these feelings.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
How many of you are nervous as hell when you're cutting into your FJ? Are there many like me that get a big smile on their face when they're wielding a hole saw or a sawzall and getting ready to do some cutting? I know any of you out there that have done your own snorkels know one of these feelings.
if i was going to do a snorkel id do it the way i saw someone else on the forum do it with pvc through the plastic mesh below the windshield

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Yeah I'll admit to getting sweaty palms and a few beads running down the forehead! Just double check things and take your time...If you Fug it up...You will wish you paid the local shop to do the install...Like you...I get the satisfaction of doing things myself!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Measure once, cut twice!

Errrr...maybe that's the other way around. :D

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
I had to drill 2 holes in the roof for the ODU connectors and it was fun, waiting for rain or to hose it down to see if I got a 100% perfect seal was the sucky part...Its sealed up perfect...Thank goodness...I HATE LEAKS!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts