Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife had our first baby 31 dec, so im thinking this is going to be a good angle to play for getting myself an FJ Cruiser. gotta have something safe and reliable to cart the family around in, right? anybody had success with this angle before want to give me some pointers?

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Congrats on the baby, I hope all are doing well. Now I know you named your child either Franklin James or Francis Jean........so, you can always yell out.........drumroll please...........HEY FJ!!!!......WHERES MY LITTLE FJ. ;)

Congrats again.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Ditto on the congrats. All the best. I read on the internet somewheres that those massive C pillars on the FJ where designed specifically as baby protectors. Don't forget to mention the side curtain airbags and the modern Star Safety System. It's all about safety with moms, as it should be.
Oh and tell Mom the FJ will last long enough to hand it down to the new arrival when he/she starts driving.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Go Hokies! from a father of a Hokie and future FJ owner. I have to figure how the car payments will fit in with the tuition payments.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Granger your young Tonto looks pretty jazzed about his dad getting a 2007 FJ Cruiser. What year will he get his license?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Topless4runner said:
My wife had our first baby 31 dec, so im thinking this is going to be a good angle to play for getting myself an FJ Cruiser. gotta have something safe and reliable to cart the family around in, right? anybody had success with this angle before want to give me some pointers?

Congrats !!! My wife has one in the oven and it will be done in MAY :D
I went from showing her how cool the Fj is to now explaining all the safelty features !!!!
I am in the same boat my friend !!!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
@ ~15Kmiles/year he'll get to start driving it with ~225K miles on it. No prob.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I didn't mean to hijack your thread.
Sure you did. You can't help yourself. For all us old Dads, recent Dads, soon-to-be-Dads, up and coming Dads(I think there's a pun in there somewhere), the FJC is a great Dad-mobile. No doubt about it. And just think how much more better of a Dad-mobile it will be after a bunch of years and miles and scratches and stories.

·
Registered
99 Posts
congtatulations bubba & topless..............cherish the time with the kids when they're young. believe me when i say, before you know it they'll be grown up and wanting to borrow the fjc.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
john.com said:
congtatulations bubba & topless..............cherish the time with the kids when they're young. believe me when i say, before you know it they'll be grown up and wanting to borrow the fjc.
buy a yaris and leave it in the garage. everytime they ask, misbehave, what not......they can go out and look at their future ride.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Any guy looking for a reason to convience the wife about an FJ just tell here it comes with side airbags. Though dont tell her they are now saying side airbags are killing people.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Roosterdo said:
Any guy looking for a reason to convience the wife about an FJ just tell here it comes with side airbags. Though dont tell her they are now saying side airbags are killing people.

Side airbags don't kill people, .....people kill people!!;)

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
EJR said:
Side airbags don't kill people, .....people kill people!!;)

Come to think of it, I did see a pack of side airbags driving around tonite, looking like they were up to no good!!!:eek:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts