Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

My wife has a 2010 FJ with under 40k miles, yeah it doesn't get driven much. She's completely stock with zero issues but it's time we finally do the major service. All fluids, plugs, brakes and full once over of seals etc.

Any ideas for someone here in Dallas to do this? I've called a few shops i've used for my race car but they don't work on trucks. I hate to use the dealer unless i have to. Looking for someone local that's honest.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Another shop that specializes in Toyota (Pretty much all they work on) is Tandem Automotive in east FT Worth.
Pablo and Alex and Brandon are excellent. They are also wheelers and members of TTR and ArkLaTex.
I highly recommend you at least give them a call.
Tandem Automotive

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One of my friends from high school owns a shop in Arlington. He does it all.

Dan's truck and auto repair. Dan Wozniak is his name. They have great reviews for the industry. Tell him Brian sent you. Arlington Auto & Truck Repair | Dan?s Auto and Truck Repair
Thanks, it's 45 mins away but if i can't find someone local i'll call them.

Another shop that specializes in Toyota (Pretty much all they work on) is Tandem Automotive in east FT Worth.
Pablo and Alex and Brandon are excellent. They are also wheelers and members of TTR and ArkLaTex.
I highly recommend you at least give them a call.
Tandem Automotive
Tandem goes to Jambo 2016! - YouTube
I left them a VM back in July but never heard back. Given i'll need to leave it for a day or three i'd rather not make two trips given how far away they are.

Wish there was someone in Dallas or maybe Plano.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
I left them a VM back in July but never heard back. Given i'll need to leave it for a day or three i'd rather not make two trips given how far away they are.

Wish there was someone in Dallas or maybe Plano.
Wow, they are usually on top of things. Between Alex and Pablo, I always get a call back if I don't get through.
I'm in Arlington too and they are close by to me.
You might try a guy named Reggie at Toyota of Plano. He's a master mechanic.
I believe he is @Toyotatech1 here on the forums. :)

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Do you have tools and any automotive skills? At 40K miles, there is very little to be done other than fluid changes. Transmission, transfer case and front and rear differentials. The OEM plugs are Platinum and go 100K miles or so. Probably need to check and replace engine air filter and cabin air filter. Lube zerk fittings on the driveshafts. All of this I consider shadetree mechanic stuff that can easily be done yourself.

Would be surprised if you need brakes at 40K miles. Checking for leaking seals and other stuff...your eye might be just as good as a mechanics. Looking for leaks/problems doesnt require great mechanic skills - just an eye for detail.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes i could do it myself but i have so many projects already that i'd rather just have someone do it for me and look over the truck. We've had it since new and it's been into the dealer one time for a recall and after that it's just oil changes and air filters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts