Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving home earlier tonight around 9:30pm in Plano around Hedgecoxe & Custer. Saw some bright headlights on an SUV (oncoming traffic). By the time I passed it, I finally realized it was an FJ Cruiser...Anyone here? If yes, where did u get the HID's, cost & who installed them? I've been waiting for a company to make some projector headlight housings & then buy HID's but I'm getting impatient so any info would be appreciated, thx!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, it was either a sandstorm or titanium silver FJ. :D Can you provide more info on the kit you have?...

Dual or single?

Brand?

Cost of the kit & where did u get it?

Who installed? If yourself then how hard is it?

Did you disable the DRL's?

Thx for the quick response. :)

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Haha I just happened to click on active topics. I got the kit for $100 here on the forums. Here's the thread with my installed pictures.

Installation was really easy. There's a ballast per headlight. I just used self tapping screws and mounted the ballasts in behind the headlights in the engine bay. I did disable the DRL's because they will lessen the life of your HID's. I got the kit that only has the low beams. You don't need high-beams on HID's, I promise, lol. The kicker about the dual beam kits is that all that the light does when you switch to high beam is tilt the bulb up a little bit.

If that guy doesn't have any more of the HID kits, I can help you find them, and I'm totally up for helping you install them.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL, talk about timing! Thx for the links. I asked him what he has left on that 1st thread u linked. What other brands & where to buy do you recommend if he doesn't have any left? I'll mos def take you up on that install offer & get you lunch or something. :D Thx again!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sure man, I'd think ebay for the best price. Just look at the feedback on the specific items and go from there. As far as brand, I have no clue, but I have a feeling that there are only a handful of manufacturers out there and other companies put their names on them.
I see this company's local (Denton) & $155 shipped:

Hid Kit, Hid Conversion Kit, Lights, Hid Headlights, Light - XenonEyes.com

Might be last option if I can't find anything better on eBay. Will PM you once I figure out which route I go. Thx again!

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
I didn't know you had HID's, Landy (never saw your rig at night).

Next time I see ya, you need to show me that setup. You going to the M&G in FW on the 12th? I'll check them out there...

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Good deal. If they're as plug-n-play as stated, then I may have to get me a set...

Cya there.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just wanted to say I now have the HID 6k kit installed thx to Landy. :cheers: Really nice guy. I hope you don't get called in to work on Friday. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts