Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
I bought mine well below invoice because I was talking to two dealerships and they both wanted the sale to increase their volume of sales. Volume is very important to some dealerships.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Yeah, I got mine below invoice too here in Ohio. I just called all the dealers in the area, told them what I was looking for an negotiated the price over the phone. I made them send me an email with the price we agreed on. You may pay more being in NY, but you should still be able to go below invoice. BTW - I agree with others that said buying vs. leasing is a better idea on this vehicle. But, if you're sold on leasing it, it's ok to do that if you want. This rig has awesome resale value though, so if you can swing the car payment you should buy it since you can make your money back on resale if needed. Best of luck!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
after 4 dealerships this is the best offer i got 33000 with upgrade n convience package, roof rack, all weather mats n alloy lug nuts lol. The price includes destination charge which is 840. excluding taxes n dmv fee.

tell me thats a decent deal so i could buy the fj already lol. salesman say thats 700 below invoice.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
after 4 dealerships this is the best offer i got 33000 with upgrade n convience package, roof rack, all weather mats n alloy lug nuts lol. The price includes destination charge which is 840. excluding taxes n dmv fee.

tell me thats a decent deal so i could buy the fj already lol. salesman say thats 700 below invoice.
If you want it, just buy it. A couple thousand is nothing on a monthly payment, especially considering the fun you'll have anyway. Pull the trigger and get it my friend!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Iam going to finance it, i just dont undrrstand how people is paying 30-31k on 2013 fj with cq and upgrade. that is way below invoice. truecar has the base fj at 27, 800, the two options are close to 4000. Im in ny if that matters
I think it depends on what sales model the Dealer uses (sale price or volume). The dealer I just bought my FJ from was volume based. To them it really doesn't matter how much they sell the truck to me for, just as long as they sell it and don't actually lose money on the deal. This made it very easy to negotiate down to $30,529 from $33,000 (or whatever their sticker price was).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Going in tomorrow to go over some paperwork n give my deposit, Color i choose was quicksand, should take about 1 week.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
congrats ... enjoy ...

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
I predict a veeerrrryyyy long week then :lol: Congrats.

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
Leasing is a horrible idea, especially for an FJ that is bound to get modded.

Unless its a tax write off or work subsidized vehicle, never lease IMO. It's a very expensive rental!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Put my deposit down on a 2013 fj army green, should get it next week. I couldnt wait for the 2014. I pay 200 over invoice.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Congrats! Post pics when you get it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Got my army green fj couple days ago, love the vehicle. I order the pure fjcruiser sliders. I want the passenger armrest but not for 90 bucks!!.

Gas mileage is horrible as of right now, im getting 210 to a full tank.
Im sure dealer gave me regular, i will try premium.
Does the trd exhaust n intake improve power? Only negative about is it dosent have any decent take off. I know its not meant to go fast but its weak in that aspect.

Does a aftermarket front bumper (allpro, demello) would void warranty?
I bought extended 7/100k

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Congrats on the new FJ! The only comment I can really speak to is gas mileage. I have roughly 800 miles on my FJ now and I have averaged 21.46 mpg over my last 3 fill ups, all of which were with regular (85 octane here). 90% of my driving is city, with a camping trip to the mountains and light off roading in there. I researched the premium vs regular debate extensively, and my conclusion was that premium does nothing more than cost you more money in these. I also feel like my personal results confirm it.

I have the 6MT which is rated 15 city 19 highway and I'm getting 21.46 city with regular. I can't imagine premium would increase that. You gotta remember though, this is a big truck, so stomping on the gas at stop lights is going to kill your mpg. Fuel economy is 80% driving style.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Yeah, on the MPG front I was around 19 MPG combined until I went to the 285 Duratracs. I'm consistently in the 16s now.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts