Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry folks if I offend...but God Darn it..I love this thing. I have spent better than 10 months looking for the right vehicle and the FJ is it. I went to Portalnd Oregon to get this one and I am from Canada. So what do I like about mine. I love the headroom...the 4x4 features....the look of the vehicle (boxy but not too square), the power of the engine without being a gas guzzler, the color (Sun Fusion) and many more things.

My critical wish list:

1. Reliability for engine and transmission
  2. Headroom....VERY big for me
  3. Beauty...Man..could you ask for more?
  4. Fun- why would you not want one?

I am working this weekend on putting on the ARB winch bumper and then, hopefully... the OME lift kit. The 16" wheels and tire are coming in next week.

So here I am .....,in Heaven...

I have been out driving the back roads of B.C. testing and getting familiar with my babe. After the ARB bumper and Warn 8000 winch...I'm going to do some serious fishing. :cheers:

The only thing I miss is that I sent my buddy...a 10 year old Boxer to "doggy heaven" last month so I'll be looking for a new co-pilot.

Cheers,

Jim

P.S. The wife says she will come fishing but she ain't no good at chasin the bears away like the Boxer was...:mecry:

·
Registered
677 Posts
glad to hear that you bought an fj sorry to to hear about your buddy, beautiful country up that way. maybe i'll make it out to bc someday i have some relatives in the okanagan.happy trails

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Loving the FJ more and more, it pretty much happens to everyone who owns one!!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
hehe. Don't worry, the FJ will chase the bears away. :D

·
Registered
639 Posts
Very sorry about the loss of your boxer, nice dogs...
One a happy note, I found that the FJ works well for our dog. He is a 130lb. bullmastiff. I do wish the back door glass would open, but on the real hot drives, I open the back glass about three inches with a snap clip.
So get a new dog! Just have to love all the nice puppy pee and poo...
The new dude will love your truck, I am sure of it.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
One a happy note, I found that the FJ works well for our dog. He is a 130lb. bullmastiff. I do wish the back door glass would open, but on the real hot drives, I open the back glass about three inches with a snap clip.

What you said there is confusing hehe. The glass door is capable of being opened.

·
Registered
279 Posts
What you said there is confusing hehe. The glass door is capable of being opened.
I am pretty sure he meant the half door glass. Not the rear door glass that opens upwards.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
^ oh LOL! Well, because you didn't know, the back door glass DOES open too! :) Put your key in the trunk keyhole and twist. :)

Also, the suicide glass windows OPEN too? How?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. I once had a bull mastiff /boxer cross. She was the greatest dog. Had to find her a country home though because back then my wife was doing a daycare and the parents of some of the kids were afraid of that big dog...purely due to her size....sweet and very..very gentle.

So...is SkyKing named after the old TV program? :) Use to love that show when I was a kid.

I'll be getting another dog soon...just taking my time and finding/waiting for the right one for me.

Do you folks that have dogs have a back "dog fence?" between the backseat and the roof?

I've use to always let my buddy ride the passenger seat but probably not the safest thing to do.

Cheers

·
Registered
340 Posts
Man, I wanted the FJ as soon as it came but finally just bought one. I haven't had a vehicle in quite a while that I liked so much. My last two Taco's were 100% stock when I sold them over the last 10 years. In the last 3 months I've taken it apart twice installing LED's and blacking out the plastics. My motorcycle is getting dusty.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Glad to hear you like your vehicle. I can't wait to drive mine, have to wait till February 2009 :mecry:. My wife picked it up two days ago and says it's a blast to drive. She is ready to load up our three dogs (all pembroke welsh corgis) and take them somewhere fun.

I remember seeing the concept in a magazine while I was doing Hurricane Katrina relief. I called my wife that night and told her if they ever make this vehicle I want it. Low and behold they made it and I finally got one :lol:

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I mean c'mon, I have never had a vehicle that I just can't take enough pictures of .....lol. But honestly this truck consumes so much daydream time. I love it. I park it where I can see it.....I park in parking lots so I can watch it as I come out of the store or business.....It's an addiction and I love it!!!!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Glad to hear you like your vehicle. I can't wait to drive mine, have to wait till February 2009 :mecry:. My wife picked it up two days ago and says it's a blast to drive. She is ready to load up our three dogs (all pembroke welsh corgis) and take them somewhere fun.

I remember seeing the concept in a magazine while I was doing Hurricane Katrina relief. I called my wife that night and told her if they ever make this vehicle I want it. Low and behold they made it and I finally got one :lol:

Kool! Wow 3 corgis. hehe. I was planning on getting one, but i already have 7 dogs. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts