Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of my friends from Jersey are having there off road youtube videos used in a campaign to closes the Pine Barrens to off roading.

It might be advisable no matter were you live to change your privacy settings to private for those videos

·
Admin
6,582 Posts
Good advice.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
If they did not authorize the use of their videos for this purpose then the website owner had no right to copy, edit, and redistribute it. I would imagine that they could get a lawyer to send a cease and desist order or at least get the video pulled. Even if you publish the work to the internet you still hold the rights to it. Just look what kind of trouble you can get into by coping music videos from youtube.

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
If they did not authorize the use of their videos for this purpose then the website owner had no right to copy, edit, and redistribute it. I would imagine that they could get a lawyer to send a cease and desist order or at least get the video pulled. Even if you publish the work to the internet you still hold the rights to it. Just look what kind of trouble you can get into by coping music videos from youtube.
I see several people in the video they posted that are on this forum. Actually this person has quite a few videos with comments from the original posters asking to be removed. I personally think its a big issue because most people will see these and not realize that the author is really not very educated on his accusations and reports.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
That dude sounds like a typical east coast libtard making something normal like off-roading sound like it is destroying the earth. If you have your friends contact this guy and tell him to take down their videos and he does not, then you have grounds for a lawsuit.

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is a video posted on NorthEastern Expeditions of the producer off roading. So not only is he not very educated on his accusations but also some what hypocritical.
:soapbox:

Interesting outcome of all of this is that the off roaders in that area resisted the temptation to retaliate and instead are organizing trail maintenance and clean ups.:rocker:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
yes I just look this Albert D. Horner guy up on a quick google search, what a d bag. Typical tree huger BS. Sucks they didn't stick it to this guy, too much appeasement in today's world.

·
Banned
6,079 Posts
"This location is a remnant from the end of the ice age, approx. 12 thousand years ago."

As is the whole ****in' planet!

These assholes amaze me.
"Global warming" enthusiasts.
****ers need a life.

·
Banned
6,079 Posts
"Historically there is no road along the top of the ridge but one has been made over the years"

Uhhh.... everywhere on the planet??? Every subdivision, town, city..... "historically" there were nothing but game trails...

There should be some sort of law against stupidity..

Of course, I'd be locked up for the rest of my life and then some, but I'm quite certain you get my point. :rofl::lol::worried::indifferent::nofu::lol:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Whoever made the video and site isn't going to convince anyone of anything, except maybe that he needs a proofreader.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I think I detect some jealousy from this guy. He just wishes he had an FJ instead of his crappy "small SUV" which can't make it to the places he wants to photograph

·
Registered
182 Posts
I can't stop laughing.... But thanks for the link to the videos of some proper trail riding. Having worked in the oilfield for years and hearing people complain about getting oil and gas from the earth and how bad it is just makes me sick. As the same people complain using phones and computers made of plastic and driving their cars that burn a fossil fuel or even the retards that drive an eco friendly car still made from plastic and running off a ton of lithium batteries. Really ? Where do these people think this stuff comes from or is made of ? Unicorn farts and leprechaun tears?

Rant over thanks

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Good thread P.D. You are helping us to take a second look at how our pictures and videos may be perceived or misconstrued by the ignorant haters of the world.

I've seen these "activists" ruin some pretty important things in my life. While the "normal" people in the world are out spending time with their families and loved ones, teaching a child to fish or experiencing the beauty of the out back, these bone heads are camped out on the State Capitol steps, waiving their signs about and demanding amendments. They have nothing better to do. In the end, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I suppose we need to stay home and squeak occasionally.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts