Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my FJ. It is an 08 and has a sunroof. The only dome light is behind the sunroof over the back of the rear seat. Needless to say, it is dark in the front at night.

Does anyone have an idea to help? I would rather not ad a StickUp...

·
Premium Member
2007 Black FJC
2,204 Posts

·
Registered
8,955 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Putco LED lights inside and the darkness will be gone

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
I have a little LED flashlight that fits in one of my 12v outlets (I added 2 12v outlets to my console hooked up to the 2nd battery) , so it's always charged and it is pretty bright.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I just installed a $7.50 (free shipping) 36 LED light that I got through DealExtreme. Comes with the adaptors to plug right in to the light socket of your dome light. Took about 30 seconds to install, and man does it light things up! Well worth the price, no matter which country it was made in (took a good couple weeks to show up in my mail box.
T10/BA9S/Festoon 2.28W 12V 36-LED Car Ceiling Dome Light Bulb - White
Item# 18062

And while I was at it, I installed a red LED in front of the console, beneath the radio. Now I can clearly see the entire console area at night (though it's a little brighter than it needs to be).
T10/BA9S/Festoon 0.9W 12V 6-LED Car Ceiling Dome Light Bulb - Red
Item# 16098

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have a little LED flashlight that fits in one of my 12v outlets (I added 2 12v outlets to my console hooked up to the 2nd battery) , so it's always charged and it is pretty bright.
Got one of those too, as a Christmas present to myself through REI. Always there, always charged, ready for emergencies and takes up no more room than a standard push-in cig lighter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts