Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #21
I really like the drivers who have to turn left to go right HA HA HA

Registered
I had a Viofo front cam, nice until it locked-up...馃槚
I'm looking into a "bird's eye" 360* set-up;
Front cam in upper grille area, side cams mount in bottom of outside mirrors, rear cam either spliced into existing or install all or some to the roof rack(?)

D

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #23
And dual 50 cals mounted on the roof rack 馃憣

Registered
100% Had a young girl that was driving like a goon sideswipe me. All she got was tire but it ate the side of her Focus. Tried to blame it on me, my insurance laughed when they saw the video.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #25
100% Had a young girl that was driving like a goon sideswipe me. All she got was tire but it ate the side of her Focus. Tried to blame it on me, my insurance laughed when they saw the video.
That's what I'm talkin about they always blame us for their crappy driving or else they just take off without stopping.

Registered
I put a dash cam in pretty early on. There's a lot of people out there swerving and texting. Turn signals on for 6 weeks before they turn....saw a person take a right from the left turn only lane last week. I've got the rear window powered, wonder if there's a camera I can wire in and mount on the roof rack....? Off to the INTERNETS!
Mine is mounted on the roof rack.

Attachments

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #29
Weird, I just went to the Rexing web site to look at their products, I have never seen a website for electronic gear which had NO information at all on it. Just a photo of the thing, its price and a single paragraph description. No "How to" guides. No access to installation manuals. No testimonials. No images of them installed. No tech support link, or anything like that. Nothing.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #30
Weird, I just went to the Rexing web site to look at their products, I have never seen a website for electronic gear which had NO information at all on it. Just a photo of the thing, its price and a single paragraph description. No "How to" guides. No access to installation manuals. No testimonials. No images of them installed. No tech support link, or anything like that. Nothing.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #31

Premium Member
Wow, that's the website I was trying to find (no idea what was with the site I found last week). Thanks, John3M, there's a lot of information there!

Now the dilemma, they have 13 different systems, and I can hardly tell them all apart. Any suggestions for me, from your experience with that company, for a wireless front and rear camera setup?

I'd like to narrow them down, somehow.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #33
I think there are different versions because of the software releases, updates get the latest release. For some reason the WIFI on the camera is a little dodgeie but the video is great and the other thing it keeps the date and time accurate which is surprising because the others I have used don鈥檛. GPS is not important mostly a toy. Thing is if you use the video in court and you were in the right but speeding which will show on the video you could be cooked.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts