Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

261 - 280 of 319 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,040 Posts
G'day,
Nope there is only a single screw in the passenger side vent. The drivers vent does not have a screw.
Nb. The passenger side is the left hand side. As stated, not like the US vehicles that are left hand drive.

The vent is very tight, pull up n out from the bottom of the vent.
Once it's popped pull towards you, as the top of the vent is more horizontal than vertical.
But it is hard to remove the first time... Until you become familiar with the force needed.
Good luck,
Cheers
Baz

·
Registered
133 Posts
G'day,
Nope there is only a single screw in the passenger side vent. The drivers vent does not have a screw.
Nb. The passenger side is the left hand side. As stated, not like the US vehicles that are left hand drive.

The vent is very tight, pull up n out from the bottom of the vent.
Once it's popped pull towards you, as the top of the vent is more horizontal than vertical.
But it is hard to remove the first time... Until you become familiar with the force needed.
Good luck,
Cheers
Baz
will try again now i guess i need to get my adrenalin rush to rip it apart xD

·
Registered
133 Posts
there was a second screw that i found out on the passenger side its located down hiding behind the glove box u need to open the box and remove a screw that holds the upper cover and get that black screw out.

here some pic dunno if that's for the 2013 only or 08+

see the black plug

thats where it fits

·
Registered
133 Posts
G'day,
Thats a new one to me... my 2011 doesn't have it....
But good to know
Cheers
Baz
yah was really hard to get it out haha :blueblob:

·
Registered
1,153 Posts

These were posted by Toytaco but I never found any instructions/advice/help on how to get this far...

I need to run hydraulic lines behind the dash and dont want to break things just getting this far...
Would like to know how to do this as well. I want to hard mount a GPS where the inclinometer goes. However I don't want any wires showing so I need to take them straight down through the plastic. Anyone ever taken the inclinometer portion of the dash off?

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
there was a second screw that i found out on the passenger side its located down hiding behind the glove box u need to open the box and remove a screw that holds the upper cover and get that black screw out.

here some pic dunno if that's for the 2013 only or 08+

see the black plug

thats where it fits
My 2010 also has this plastic plug. I damaged it a little bit during taking out.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I've tried searching but I can find anything. I'm pulling my center console trying to get to my transfer case position sensor on my 6mt. I have taken all the bolts off but the thin shroud holding the rubber boot on won't come off. Is there a trick to get it off without damaging it. I was able to get the push pins out thanks to this post but it almost seems like it's glued down or sealed down. (Is that how they normally are or am I just not pulling hard enough ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1395528166.246449.jpg
Cancel that 10 seconds after posting it popped up

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is a great write up, and thanks! I've been wanting to black out the silver parts of the interior on my 2010 TTSE.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello,

Ref DashRemove46 Photo on the original post(?) shows items under the Driver side dash-top storage box (removed).

There is a medium gray item that goes from left to right (across photo) with a "hump" in the mid-section, and the part appears to be terminated near the right end of the box. I would guess what it is now, but would really like to know if I am completed stupid before admitting it which I will do, along with what I had in mind doing. Sometime my ideas are way out there....

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
Hello,

Ref DashRemove46 Photo on the original post(?) shows items under the Driver side dash-top storage box (removed).

There is a medium gray item that goes from left to right (across photo) with a "hump" in the mid-section, and the part appears to be terminated near the right end of the box. I would guess what it is now, but would really like to know if I am completed stupid before admitting it which I will do, along with what I had in mind doing. Sometime my ideas are way out there....

Thanks,
Download pic, circle item in question using Paint or like program and repost pic...
cant answer till you do...

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
I believe thats part of the duct work.
If you go back to Toytaco's pic I reposted on p.26 you can see it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I believe thats part of the duct work.
If you go back to Toytaco's pic I reposted on p.26 you can see it.
By golly, I think you are correct. Sorry I didn't catch that photo before and saved you some time and trouble.
I mentioned above (in my initial post response) that I would share my reasoning for asking the question. I plan to mount the Kenwood 281 in that box. It will only require the lid to be opened just over 1" to fit. With it only opened that far, the windshield wripers block driver's view higher that the box lid. I was thinking of either using a micro fan for heat sink ventalation or the possibility of "stealing" a bit of cool air from the duct. I figure the only time I would need the cool ventation would be when the air conditioning would be operating thru the upper vents. By mounting the radio there, I could run all connections from/to the box (coax, pwr, vent) allowing for hole plugs if I need to permantly remove radio in the future.
Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks for one of the most helpful threads on the forums!

261 - 280 of 319 Posts