Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always had toyotas, but never anything past 1999. when i bought my FJ, I was very disappointed by the traction control, so i unplugged the wiring harness in front of the brake reservoir as many people have suggested. When I plugged it back in, the ABS light, slip light, and VSC lights come on. its only the three lights, but they wont turn off. my ABS does not seem to be working, but I think the traction control is. not 100% sure about either though. I checked to make sure the clip was pushed in all the way, and it did seem to be, so i unplugged it again, made sure there was no dust or anything over the terminals, and plugged it back in, no change. it turned off briefly once or twice while driving it, but it has stayed on for a day or two now. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Desert Moderator
6,522 Posts
Hi @jenkjo,
There is no need to unplug that (there are other, better ways of doing that) - what year is your FJ?
Does it have the VSC/TRC button? (car with squiggly lines behind it)
Is it 4WD? Does it have a rear diff lock?

As for your problem, turn the car off, and make sure the connector is seated correctly and that it's not damaged (and the wires). Disconnect the negative battery terminal for at least 10 minutes, then reconnect it and start the car - hopefully the ECU has auto cleared the codes if there is no fault in the connection or wiring.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a 2007 6 speed 4wd w the diff lock. no VSC/TRC buttons. i already tried disconnecting my negative terminal for a couple hours, to no success. is it possible that i damaged the harness?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts