Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had all these light up on drive home.. I filled up at a gas station and cleared the odometer then *bam* all lights..

Ideas?

·
Registered
961 Posts
Check your gas cap. If it's loose it can cause some grief.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys.. will do.. In two and a half years never had a problem but its worth looking into.. I also was thinking about it.. Could it be the oxygen sensor, since I was running it in the dirt/mud at Jambo?

·
Registered
961 Posts
So what was the problem?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picked some MAF Cleaner up yesterday, cleaned the MAF Sensor. Wet wiped all the rest of the air box(afe cai).... Started it up... Still had the lights.... Then went 'duh' disconnected the battery (don't have a scangauge) then reconnected it... Cleared out the error.

There was some backwash from mudd'in this weekend in the air box and the big plastic tube that houses the o2 sensor had some water in it since it got dislodged from the afe cai. I pulled it all apart to see how far the water got up into the tube, it wasn't all the way only about half way up so no water appears to have got to the engine. It was a very small amount of dirty water so I could easily see were it landed and dried. Since the o2 sensor sits in the first half it did get some water on it but it is fine now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts