Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently found the Blaupunkt 3.5” GTX350 on sale, and figure I’d give it a go.

I didn’t find a ton of information anywhere really... Crutchfield gives you and idea of what types fit where... so they also have an FJ retrofit....
the speakers i went with have a relatively large magnet, so i was lucky they still fit... so macgivering was required, nothing too serious...

i myself didn’t get the toyota wiring adapter, but rather depinned oem connector and found a compatible crimp contact... did the job... and avoided cutting oem harness...

the top speaker dash cover had to be modified to fit new speaker, i drilled out plastic rivers holding plastic cone on the inside... that did the trick....

the sound of course was much improved, these little buggers even push some bass...

btw.... i replaced door speakers with 6.5” and did not like the subsequent lack of bass... #justsayin , so i’m gonna put aftermarket 6x9s instead....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Recently found the Blaupunkt 3.5” GTX350 on sale, and figure I’d give it a go.

I didn’t find a ton of information anywhere really... Crutchfield gives you and idea of what types fit where... so they also have an FJ retrofit....
the speakers i went with have a relatively large magnet, so i was lucky they still fit... so macgivering was required, nothing too serious...

i myself didn’t get the toyota wiring adapter, but rather depinned oem connector and found a compatible crimp contact... did the job... and avoided cutting oem harness...

the top speaker dash cover had to be modified to fit new speaker, i drilled out plastic rivers holding plastic cone on the inside... that did the trick....

the sound of course was much improved, these little buggers even push some bass...

btw.... i replaced door speakers with 6.5” and did not like the subsequent lack of bass... #justsayin , so i’m gonna put aftermarket 6x9s instead....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I recommend tweeters only for the dash and they fit fine , yes 6x9s are the best choice for the doors Mike sure there sealed up good (no gaps) and put some sound deadening behind them

·
Registered
76 Posts
Try to seal/couple the speaker up with the opening for those dash speakers if you can. Maybe try forms of foam to "cup" them to the factory panel. This will prevent some cancellation occurring due to diffraction. That part you removed was there to serve that purpose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts